Whipped Feta Dip is creamy, tangy and so satisfying with Pita Chips or recent veggies for dipping. That is additionally one of many best appetizers. The garnishes actually make this dip shine so don’t skip them.
Feta has change into well-known for its use in Feta Pasta and naturally Greek Chopped Salad, nevertheless it’s additionally marvelous as a Feta Dip. Watch the straightforward video tutorial and your mouth might be watering for this dip.
This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
We love straightforward do-it-yourself dips from Hummus to Tzatziki Sauce. There’s simply no comparability to storebought. In case you are a fan of scrumptious dips, this Whipped Feta Dip recipe is a must-try!
The Finest Whipped Feta Dip
My favourite recipes are those that haven’t any cooking or make-ahead prep concerned. This Whipped Feta Dip couldn’t be simpler. Right here’s why we find it irresistible:
- No Cooking Required – this recipe requires chilly elements proper out of the fridge and also you simply add all the dip elements to the meals processor and course of till fully easy.
- Fast – this dip comes collectively in 3-4 minutes in a meals processor.
- Versatile – nice for dipping something from Pita Chips to Crackers, Tortilla Chips, Cucumber Slices, or different veggie slices.
- Make-ahead – you may create this dip a day forward then garnish and add the toppings simply earlier than serving.
Whipped Feta Dip Video
Watch Natasha make this straightforward Feta Dip. You may be shocked at how fast and straightforward it’s to make this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Between the recent inexperienced parsley, purple pepper flakes, lemon zest and drizzle of olive oil, every of the toppings provides its personal particular layer of taste, and shade and makes this (in any other case tremendous easy) dip look gorgeous and holiday-worthy.
- Feta Cheese – begin with an excellent high quality block of Feta Cheese and drain effectively.
- Cream Cheese – use half a block of full-fat, chilly cream cheese
- Bitter cream– for a richer dip, use common full-fat bitter cream which can even create a thicker dip. You possibly can substitute with complete milk plain Greek yogurt.
- Additional virgin olive oil – add the oil to the dip so as to add taste and richness and likewise generously drizzle excessive with oil earlier than serving. Utilizing high-quality olive oil will make the dip style higher.
- Lemon juice – zest the lemon earlier than juicing it. The zest makes an exquisite garnish.
- Garlic – one clove of garlic provides a pleasant chew and layer of taste to the dip. Don’t overdo it. Even for a garlic lover, one clove is a lot.
- Garnishes: Parsley, crushed purple pepper flakes, oil, and black pepper make wonderful tasty toppings.
Professional Tip: Use chilly feta, cream cheese, and bitter cream to create a thicker dip.
Easy methods to Make Feta Dip
- Zest – take away the zest out of your lemon earlier than juicing, cowl, and set it apart for garnish.
- In a meals processor – mix all your dip elements: feta, cream cheese, bitter cream, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Course of till easy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the bowl as wanted.
- Plate – unfold your dip right into a shallow bowl and swirl the highest to create grooves.
- Garnish – drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle the highest with purple pepper flakes, parsley, lemon simply, and black pepper.
- Serve with chips, crackers or veggies for dipping.
Professional Tip: If a thicker dip is most popular, you may cowl and refrigerate for the elements to thicken up a bit, simply make sure you wait earlier than topping with olive oil for the reason that oil can solidify within the fridge.
Use high-quality feta cheese to create a tastier dip. We want 100% sheep’s milk feta cheese and benefit from the natural feta blocks bought at Costco.
Since crumbled feta can comprise added elements to forestall caking, we suggest utilizing a block of feta.
For a thicker and richer-flavored dip, we extremely suggest utilizing full-fat or whole-milk bitter cream and cream cheese.
You should utilize a high-powered blender, however you could must scrape it down extra typically if the blender will get caught.
We like to serve this as an appetizer. It’s additionally actually good on a charcuterie board! Serve this dip with:
- Pita Chips
- Artisan Crackers
- Pita Bread
- Cucumber slices
- Mini bell pepper halves
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
Despite the fact that this dip is tremendous straightforward, it’s at all times nice to have a make-ahead possibility, particularly when planning a celebration or gathering. This whipped feta dip retains very well.
- To Refrigerate: Add to your serving bowl, cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 2 days.
- Freezing: We don’t suggest freezing feta dip since it’s dairy-based and might separate.
- To Serve: Serve proper out of the fridge and garnish with olive oil and toppings simply earlier than serving.
Extra Dip and Salsa Recipes
Should you love this Feta Dip, you then gained’t wish to miss these do-it-yourself dips and salsa recipes.
Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Whole Time: 10 minutes
Whipped Feta Dip is creamy, tangy and so satisfying with Pita Chips or recent veggies for dipping. One of many best appetizer recipes.
Value to Make:
feta dip, whipped feta dip
Servings: 8 individuals
For the Whipped Feta Dip:
feta cheese block, (chilly) drained and crumbled
cream cheese, chilly
thick bitter cream, chilly
additional virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
lemon juice, freshly squeezed (ensure that to zest it first)
garlic clove, minced or pressed
positive sea salt, plus extra to style
- Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Purple Pepper flakes, crushed, to garnish
- Freshly floor black pepper, to garnish
Within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a chopping blade, mix all the feta dip elements. Mix on excessive pace for 3-4 minutes, or till fully easy, scraping down the bowl midway.
Switch to a shallow serving bowl and swirl the highest with a spoon to create grooves. Drizzle throughout with additional virgin olive oil, sprinkle on crushed purple pepper flakes, parsley, lemon zest and freshly cracked black pepper.
Serve straight away with Pita Chips or greens for dipping, or cowl and refrigerate.*
Make-Forward Tip: You may make this dip as much as 3 days forward. Cowl and refrigerate till able to serve. It’s best so as to add the toppings simply earlier than serving for the reason that olive oil topping can harden within the fridge.