It has been darn close to excellent outdoors right here for the previous few days, so I’ve been spending a number of time on the market having fun with the attractive leaves, sunshine and cooler temps, however after I get again dwelling I’m undoubtedly craving some fall treats! So, I made a decision to bake some cookies final weekend! Snickerdoodle cookies are scrumptious, and so is pumpkin spice, so I assumed I’d mix the 2 for a scrumptious seasonal deal with and make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies! I assumed they’d be excellent for having fun with with my espresso for a mid morning deal with. On the weekends, I look ahead to stress-free and having fun with a cup with one thing candy. It’s all the time good to not be in a rush and simply take pleasure in your day within the second. Or in fact after a hike is an effective time for cookies too which is what impressed them within the first place!
These are literally fairly simple to make, and never fussy. I used a snickerdoodle cookie base that I’ve made up to now, and swapped out the apple sauce (the opposite ones had apple sauce to make the feel excellent) for pumpkin and so they turned out excellent! I already had a can of pumpkin open, I really feel like I all the time do that time of 12 months as a result of a recipe hardly ever requires the entire can, so it was the right method to make use of some up!
These comprise coconut oil to make them wealthy and soften in your mouth and I like to make use of both maple sugar or brown sugar in them for the caramel like taste these two sugars give baked items. I added a little bit vanilla like in basic snickerdoodles, however then I additionally added pumpkin pie spices to present them that fall vibe and the dough was excellent! I sampled it and it was even scrumptious earlier than it was baked. Cookie dough is one among my favourite issues ever and one of many causes I like making cookies!
I rolled them in cinnamon sugar, and couldn’t wait to attempt the completed product! They smelled superb whereas baking, I like the aroma of warming fall spices! These had been so good heat from the oven! They are gentle and pillowy with a pleasant crunchy sugar crust on the skin and they’re scented with pumpkin and vanilla! If you’re within the temper for all issues pumpkin like me, undoubtedly give these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies a attempt!
Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar or maple sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2 cups entire wheat pastry flour or all goal flour (for a lighter coloured cookie)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar combined with 2 tsp cinnamon for coating
- Preheat the oven to 350F levels, and line two sheet pans with foil.
- In a big bowl, combine collectively the coconut oil, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla extract till properly blended.
- Combine within the salt, baking soda and baking powder, pumpkin pie spices then the flour till clean.
- Place the cinnamon and sugar combination in a bowl.
- Kind the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, roll them within the cinnamon sugar combination, and place on the cookie trays about 2 inches aside.
- Press the dough balls down barely and sprinkle with further cinnamon sugar.
- Place the pans within the oven and bake for about 7 minutes, then rotate them and bake one other 7 or so till the cookies are executed and frivolously brown on the edges.
- Take away from the oven and let cool a minimum of quarter-hour earlier than having fun with.