Disclosure: This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. I could earn a small fee for my endorsement, advice, testimonial, and/or hyperlink to any services or products from this web site.
Vegan Banana Muffins make one of the best seize and go breakfast or afternoon deal with. All you want is ripe, spotty bananas, plus 10 simple elements!
These Vegan Banana Muffins are smooth and fluffy on the within, crisp on the sides, and overrated tall just like the muffins out of your favourite espresso store. Nobody would guess these bite-sized buttery muffins have been made with plant-based elements.
Desk of Contents
The 30 Minute Muffin
A loaf of banana bread is scrumptious, however it’s additionally infamous for a reasonably lengthy bake (60 minutes to be actual)! This banana muffin recipe solves that actual drawback. All the sunshine, fluffy, scrumptious taste of my well-liked vegan banana bread with ⅓ of the bake time.
I already know this 30 minute muffin recipe goes to come in useful for final minute meal prep, fast breakfasts, or late night time snacks when a banana bread craving hits – you already know what I’m speaking about. Now let’s get into the small print!
What You Want for Vegan Banana Muffins
Just like my vegan banana bread, these muffins are made with inexpensive pantry staples. Just a few notes to assist:
- Flax: Arguably my favourite vegan egg replacer. When combined with water, it thickens up right into a gelatinous texture, similar to the consistency of egg whites.
- Flour: All-purpose flour yields the lightest, fluffiest domed muffins. In the event you’re in search of a gluten-free muffin, chances are you’ll get pleasure from my Chocolate Banana Muffins.
- Bananas: The spottier the higher.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar is basically granulated cane sugar combined with molasses, which provides each further moisture and sweetness to those banana muffins.
- Non-dairy milk: Any unsweetened vegan milk will do right here. Soy milk is my go-to.
- Oil: One other key ingredient to further smooth, bakery fashion muffins. In the event you’re in search of oil-free muffins, strive my One-Bowl Pumpkin Muffins or make my Vegan Banana Bread recipe with nut butter.
The best way to Make Vegan Banana Muffins
- Combine the bottom flax and water in a small bowl. Put aside to thicken.
- Whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Type a nicely within the middle.
- Mash the bananas till clean and shiny in a separate bowl. Add in the brown sugar, flax egg, milk, melted vegan butter, vanilla and vinegar. Pour the moist elements into the dry and blend till a thick batter types. Fold within the chocolate and walnuts, if utilizing.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the many muffin tins. Sprinkle every muffin with just a few further chocolate chips.
- Bake till the tops of the muffins are barely golden, about 25 minutes complete.
- Cool the muffins on a cooling rack.
- Get pleasure from these vegan banana muffins heat or room temperature.
Caitlin’s Cooking Suggestions
- Use overripe bananas. As bananas ripen, the starches in them break down and will increase the sugar content material within the fruit. This makes riper bananas considerably sweeter. For finest outcomes, use ripe, spotty bananas!
- Mash the bananas very well. After mashing the bananas with a fork, combine them till they’re principally clean and shiny – this enables for one of the best distribution of banana taste.
- Take note of the oven temperature change. Beginning at the next temperature earlier than lowering for the rest of the bake creates bakery-style domed muffins with golden, crisp edges.
Vegan Banana Muffins make a easy breakfast, fast snack, or candy, after dinner deal with. I like to hold it easy and slather with my favourite nut butter.
In the event you’re in search of simpler vegan muffin recipes, you’ll additionally love these Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins, Vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins (One Bowl!) and these Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
The best way to Retailer Vegan Banana Muffins
Muffins will hold in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the freezer for as much as 2 months. These muffins may also be frozen for as much as 2 months. Enable the muffins to chill utterly earlier than storing.
I usually get pleasure from these banana muffins at room temperature, however if you happen to want your muffins heat, reheat a single muffin within the microwave in 15 second bursts till heat. Alternatively, wrap the muffins in foil and reheat within the oven or toaster oven for about 10 minutes at 350F.
The batter will probably be too moist and gummy. You want the right ratio of moist to dry to make gentle, fluffy baked items.
I like to recommend mixing with a spatula and slowly folding the batter collectively versus a conventional whisking movement. This can assist forestall air from being whipped into the batter and hold it from turning into robust.
From expertise, I’ve not discovered this to make a distinction. I wouldn’t fear about it!
It’s okay on your batter to have just a few lumps – simply guarantee there are not any lumps stuffed with dry flour.
Get pleasure from! In the event you make this recipe and resolve to share it on Fb or Instagram, don’t overlook to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I’d additionally find it irresistible if you happen to may go away a remark beneath with a recipe score! Thanks for the assist 😊
- 2 tablespoons floor flax
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups all function flour spooned and leveled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe* bananas mashed (about 1 cup
- 3/4 packed cup gentle brown sugar
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or impartial oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks elective
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts elective
Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F and generously grease a 12-muffin pan with vegan butter or oil. Mix the bottom flax and water in a small bowl and blend nicely; let sit for not less than 5 minutes, to thicken.
Dry Components: Add the flour to a big mixing bowl, then add within the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk till mixed, then type a nicely within the middle of the bowl.
Moist Components: Break the bananas into items and place in a smaller bowl. Mash the bananas nicely with a fork, mixing the combination till it’s principally clean and shiny. Add the brown sugar, flax egg, milk, melted butter or oil, vanilla, and vinegar to the middle of the bowl. Combine nicely, till a thick batter types. Fold within the chocolate and walnuts, if utilizing.
Divide the Batter: Use a big scoop or spoon to evenly divide the batter among the many muffin tins, filling every tin stage to the highest. I prefer to sprinkle every muffin with just a few further chocolate chips, however that’s completely elective!
Bake: Bake within the center rack of the oven for 7 minutes, then, with out opening the oven, scale back the oven temperature for 350F. Bake for a further 15 to 18 minutes, till the tops of the muffins are barely golden.
Let Cool: Take away from the oven and set the muffin tin on a cooling rack; let the muffins relaxation for five minutes earlier than utilizing a knife to take away them from the muffin tin. Get pleasure from heat, or let cool utterly on the wire rack earlier than storing.
Storage: Muffins will hold in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. You may as well freeze these banana muffins for as much as two months, and defrost/reheat as essential in a toaster oven. I don’t suggest storing your muffins within the fridge because it makes their texture chewy.
- Ripe Bananas: Be certain your bananas are overripe and have brown spots on the pores and skin! This offers the recipe sweetness and one of the best banana taste.
- Floor flax could be changed with floor chia seed.
- Brown sugar could be swapped for coconut sugar, however the muffins received’t be as moist.
Energy: 3341kcalCarbohydrates: 374gProtein: 51gFats: 186gSaturated Fats: 38gPolyunsaturated Fats: 97gMonounsaturated Fats: 32gTrans Fats: 1gSodium: 2594mgPotassium: 2064mgFiber: 24gSugar: 89gVitamin A: 787IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 1049mgIron: 20mg