I’m right here at this time to make use of my platform to protest my least favourite day in February. And no, I’m not speaking about Valentine’s Day. Clearly, I’ll observe any vacation devoted to like and sweet. As a substitute, I wish to make a movement to take away Groundhog Day from our nationwide calendar. It’s an historical vacation devoted to a literal rodent. Why are we celebrating at the present time once we may exchange it with Rosa Parks’ birthday?
Anyway, beneath are some issues I’ve really been having fun with this month and have a superb weekend! Oh, and joyful Usher (and most positively Taylor) Bowl!
• I used to be at a cocktail party final fall when a girl propositioned me to sleep along with her husband, and I virtually spit out my cornbread. However apparently polyamory is a giant factor proper now. I actually missed the boat on that one! (The Atlantic)
• Studying an article about stress is kinda … disturbing. However I do just like the endgame right here and am attempting to include this straightforward phrase into my life. (goop)
• The Oscars are my Tremendous Bowl, and studying is my sport, so I really like this rundown on 2024 Finest Image nominees again once they have been books. (The Week)
• If I have been the sort to host a Tremendous Bowl occasion, as an alternative of ordering a heart-shaped pizza from Papa John’s, I’d make Pleasure’s Spicy Buffalo Hen Candy Rolls. As a substitute, I bookmarked these to make for dinner this week as a result of they give the impression of being scrumptious. (Pleasure the Baker)
• I used to be subbing for an elementary faculty music class throughout all the month of January, so I created this playlist to assist children get their jollies out. Seize some hand percussion devices and scarves for the primary half then settle in for some enjoyable bits of movie historical past. (YouTube)
• If you wish to lean into the darkish days of February, Patrick Radden Keefe’s immaculately written and researched characteristic will do the trick. (New Yorker)
• One thing to stay up for later this month: A brand new Coen Brothers film. (YouTube)
• “I may be agency as chilly turkey.” Jordan Kapono Nakamura (Poets.org)
• Postal service PSA: I used the Love 2024 stamps for my Valentines this 12 months and so they’re gorgeous. (USPS)
• You want a LOL standup routine. You simply do. The best way Jacqueline Novak leaps across the stage and talks in a single 90-minute run-on sentence with out breaking a sweat is pure athleticism. (Netflix)
• Is anybody else watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith? I can’t get sufficient of this motion rom-com. Maya Erskine and Donald Glover have incredible chemistry. Plus, he takes off his shirt in each episode, which makes me overlook what I mentioned above about polyamory. (Amazon)