Selfmade Pita Chips are a good way to make use of up leftover Pita Bread. They’re additionally far more satisfying than store-bought. The flavour and texture are good – crisp, crunchy, and completely seasoned.
We love these dipped in Whipped Feta Dip or Selfmade Hummus. Take a look at the step-by-step photographs and see how simple it’s to make Pita Chips from scratch.
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Pita Chips Recipe
What are Pita Chips? They’re primarily Pita Bread reduce into wedges or chips, which might be oiled, seasoned, and baked till crisp. They’re used as a substitute of chips or crackers. They’re widespread in Mediterranean, Greek and Center Jap Delicacies.
Retailer-bought pita chips are typically fairly thick, stiff, and onerous to chew into. Contemporary home-baked pita chips are way more nice to crunch and munch and simpler to chew. Selfmade additionally takes about quarter-hour to make. They’re fast, simple, and actually satisfying.
The important thing to creating nice pita chips is in getting the suitable pita bread. For those who don’t have time to whip up do-it-yourself pita bread, then search for the pocket pita bread model for crispy and ethereal pita chips.
- Pita Bread – We’ve tried this with totally different sorts of pita bread, each the thicker bread-like pita bread from Costco and the traditional pocket-style pita bread. I choose the pocket model. Its thinner layers assist it bake sooner, crispier, and lighter.
- Additional virgin olive oil – use a very good oil that provides taste to the pita.
- Dried herbs – we use a mixture of dried basil and oregano so as to add Mediterranean taste.
- Garlic powder – provides delicate garlicky taste
- Salt – you possibly can add this to style relying on what you’re serving the pita chips with. If you’re utilizing a saltier dip like Crab Dip or Spinach Artichoke Dip, use 1/4 tsp and use extra when you choose extra.
The way to Make Pita Chips
- Mix Seasonings – Stir collectively olive oil and seasonings and put aside for the flavors to meld.
- Reduce tortillas – use a pizza cutter or a knife to chop pita bread into triangles.
- Toss collectively – Put pita triangles into a big mixing bowl, drizzle with the oil combination and toss collectively till coated.
- Bake – organize pita items in a single layer on a giant baking sheet or divide into 2 smaller baking sheets if wanted. Bake at 400˚F for 8-12 minutes till crisp.
Professional Tip: Bake time will range relying on the thickness of your pita bread. If you’re utilizing the thicker pita bread, it’ll take 10-12 minutes for the pita chips to crisp up. If utilizing pocket-style pita bread, it’ll bake up in 8-9 minutes.
We like to serve these chips as an awesome snack with dips and they’re a beautiful choice on a Charcuterie Board. Strive dipping pita chips into:
Are Pita Chips Wholesome?
Selfmade pita chips are a better option than storebought. Right here’s why:
- Higher oil – you management the standard of the oil you utilize. Additional virgin is a costlier oil that isn’t usually utilized in industrial model pita chips.
- Much less salt – storebought chips may be fairly salty which may be overwhelming relying on what you might be serving them with. We love you could add salt to style right here.
- High quality pita bread – you should buy complete wheat pita bread or make Selfmade Pita Bread with recent and even natural elements.
- Preservatives – Retailer-bought meals are sometimes made with preservatives for longer shelf life. Selfmade don’t preserve as lengthy, however it’s definitely worth the tradeoff for better-quality meals.
- Baked – chips which might be baked and never fried are more healthy as a result of they don’t absorb as a lot oil.
The way to Retailer Pita Chips
As soon as pita chips are absolutely cooled, retailer them in an hermetic container or zip-top bag at room temperature for as much as every week. They’ll preserve higher and keep crunchier in a dry surroundings.
Selfmade pita chips not solely style higher than storebought, however it’s such a wise means to make use of up leftover Pita Bread. It’s additionally really easy! Let me know what you prefer to serve together with your chips.
Pita Chips Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 8 minutes
Whole Time: 18 minutes
Selfmade pita chips are a good way to make use of up leftover pita bread. They’re additionally far more satisfying than store-bought. They’re crisp, crunchy, and completely seasoned. As soon as chips are at room temperature, retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 7 days.
Value to Make:
do-it-yourself pita chips, how one can make pita chips, pita chips
Servings: 8 individuals
Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a measuring cup, mix further virgin olive oil and seasonings, stir to mix.
Reduce pita bread into triangles. For an 8-inch pita bread, you need to use a pizza cutter to slice it into 8-10 wedges or triangles.
Mix pita bread in a big mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil combination and toss together with your arms till evenly coated.
Prepare pita chips in a single layer. I match the entire batch on a giant half sheet, however you can even use 2 smaller baking sheets. Bake at 400˚F in a single layer for 8-12 minutes (*relying on thickness of pita bread) flipping midway. Bake till crisp, golden and agency. In case you have 2 baking sheets, rotate them midway via baking.
&Pocket pita has 2 thinner layers in it so it bakes into chips sooner (7-9 minutes), whereas thicker delicate pita bread takes longer to dry and crisp up (10-12 minutes).
Pita Chips Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 63
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Vitamin A 3IU0%
Vitamin C 0.01mg0%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.