January 10, 2023 by
The VRG Weblog Editor
The Vegetarian Useful resource Group continues to be very busy each day. Under are some examples of successes and actions. Your assist by means of Mixed Federal Charity (CFC) or your Native/State Marketing campaign is significantly appreciated! It’s also possible to donate on to VRG at vrg.org/donate
Right here’s a sampling of a few of our accomplishments and outreach:
- VRG Vitamin Advisor Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, offered a webinar for Ladies’s Well being Dietetic Follow Group and Vegetarian Vitamin Follow Group titled “Vegetarian and Vegan Diets Previous to and All through Being pregnant: A Sensible Replace.” VRG Foodservice Advisor Chef Nancy Berkoff, EdD, RD, offered on ideas for serving vegan choices in long-term care amenities at a gathering of the Maryland Dietetics Well being Care Communities.
- The Vegetarian Useful resource Group workers did a digital in-service for ten College of Maryland dietetic college students.
- VRG commissioned a YouGov nationwide ballot to learn how many adults are vegan or vegetarian. Outcomes are printed in Vegan Journal and at vrg.org
- The Vegetarian Useful resource Group submitted feedback to the Meals and Drug Administration on Labeling of Meat or Poultry Merchandise Comprised of or Containing Cultured Animal cells.
- The Mayo Basis for Medical Training and Analysis requested to breed VRG’s My Vegan Plate in print and digital content material to be used with sufferers and well being care suppliers.
- Congratulations to The Vegetarian Useful resource Group Vitamin Advisor Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, who the Academy of Vitamin and Dietetics has chosen because the recipient of the 2022 Excellence in Group and Public Well being Follow Award. The award was offered to Dr. Mangels on the Meals & Vitamin Convention & Expo™ (FNCE®) in Orlando, Florida.
- VRG donated 1,000s of handouts that have been distributed in New York Metropolis, Lengthy Island, Boston, Baltimore, Kalamazoo, Quincy, Daytona Seashore, Albany, Hoboken, and lots of different locations. VRG exhibited on the Richmond VegFest in Virginia, Raleigh VegFest in North Carolina, San Francisco VegFest in California, and Meals & Vitamin Convention & Expo™ in Orlando, Florida. Lastly, we hosted over 20 digital interns/volunteers this previous 12 months. All of them labored/are engaged on plenty of thrilling outreach and analysis tasks!
That is only a small sampling of what we’re doing at VRG each day. Thanks a lot! We couldn’t do that with out your assist.
You may donate on to VRG at www.vrg.org/donate
It’s also possible to mail donations to The Vegetarian Useful resource Group, PO Field 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203 or name in your donation to (410) 366-8343 Monday by means of Friday 9am to 5pm EST