This stuffed mushrooms recipe is an irresistible (and straightforward!) appetizer. The filling is a crispy, savory combo of bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, and cheese.
In my completely unbiased opinion, we have now some actually nice appetizer recipes on the weblog (French onion dip or buffalo cauliflower, anybody?), however this stuffed mushrooms recipe would possibly simply be my favourite. It’s Jack’s favourite too. In fact, he loves something with mushrooms, however we’ve truly gotten into arguments about these stuffed mushrooms. I take them out of the oven, he samples a number of, and earlier than I do know it, a lot of the batch is gone. I’ve discovered the laborious approach: if I need any of those stuffed mushrooms for myself, I’ve to say them ASAP.
…which is to say that when you have a celebration or gathering developing quickly, you need to completely make this recipe! It’ll be the speak of the snack desk, a assured hit. A crispy, savory combination of panko bread crumbs, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and pecorino cheese fills juicy roasted mushroom caps. They’re simple to make and SO scrumptious. We love them, and I hope you’ll too!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Elements
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this stuffed mushrooms recipe:
- Mushrooms, in fact! We like giant cremini mushrooms (aka child bella mushrooms) right here, although in a pinch, white button mushrooms would work too.
- Pine nuts and panko bread crumbs – They add crunch to the filling.
- Solar-dried tomatoes and pecorino cheese – I combine them into the filling for wealthy, umami taste. No pecorino available? Parmesan cheese works too!
- Parsley – It provides contemporary taste and fairly flecks of inexperienced.
- Garlic – For savory chunk.
- Further-virgin olive oil – It helps the mushrooms grow to be brown and tender within the oven.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The way to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
I like how easy this stuffed mushrooms recipe is! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, clear and stem the mushrooms. Gently take away and discard the mushroom stems, being cautious to maintain the mushroom caps intact. Then, use a humid paper towel to wipe the mushroom caps clear, and unfold them, cavity facet up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the mushroom caps with olive oil, and season them generously with salt and pepper.
Subsequent, make the filling. Stir collectively the grated cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, panko bread crumbs, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and some grinds of black pepper.
Then, stuff the mushrooms. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities, fastidiously piling it as excessive as you may. As you spoon the stuffing onto the mushrooms, a few of it might tumble off. That’s okay! Do your greatest to get as a lot into every mushroom as you may.
And eventually, bake! Generously drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with extra oil and bake for 20 minutes or so, till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown. Enable them to chill barely, after which, eat!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Ideas
- Larger mushrooms = extra filling. Want I say extra? Use the largest cremini mushrooms you’ll find for this recipe. They’ll maintain extra of the breadcrumb combination than small ones will, and will probably be simpler to fill them.
- Finely chop the filling elements. The most effective stuffed mushrooms have a bit of every thing in every chunk. Chop your filling elements into small items that can evenly incorporate with each other. Purpose for the sun-dried tomatoes to be comparable in dimension to the pine nuts, and grate the cheese on a Microplane zester or the smallest holes of a field grater.
- Don’t overlook to season the mushrooms. It’s simple to skip this step! Earlier than you load up the mushroom caps with the filling, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. This easy step provides a lot taste to this stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Make them a meal! These stuffed mushrooms are a wonderful get together appetizer, however every so often, we’ll eat them for dinner too. Serve them with an enormous scoop of herbed farro or quinoa!
Extra Favourite Occasion Appetizers
When you love this stuffed mushroom recipe, attempt considered one of these enjoyable get together appetizers subsequent:
Serves 6 to eight
Stuffed with a crispy, savory combination of bread crumbs, herbs, and cheese, these stuffed mushrooms are a show-stopping get together appetizer! They’re greatest once they’re heat, so make them proper earlier than you serve them.
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, about 4
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, extra for sprinkling
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 20 to 24 giant cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- Further virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pinches of crimson pepper flakes, elective
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix the panko, pecorino cheese, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, salt and several other grinds of pepper.
Place the mushrooms, cavity facet up, onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms, drizzle with extra olive oil and bake till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with crimson pepper flakes, if desired, and serve.