This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Simple Shrimp Creole is a spicy, chunky tomato and inexperienced pepper combination that coats tender shrimp to make a hearty household meal performed proper! Your loved ones might be jazzing throughout dinner with this traditional southern meal!
Deliver the style of New Orleans into your own home with this easy-to-make Shrimp Creole. The shrimp are simmered in a spicy tomato sauce and the dish is served over rice. For extra shrimp recipes do this Sticky Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp, this scrumptious Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp, and this comforting Cajun Garlic Shrimp and Grits.
Simple Shrimp Creole
This simple shrimp creole is my new favourite shrimp dish! I grew up within the north, so these scrumptious and heartwarming southern dishes are nonetheless new to me. As I’ve began branching out and making an attempt new issues, I’ve fallen in love with southern delicacies! This recipe originated in Southern Louisiana the place gulf shrimp are well-known there. I’ve loved my time in Louisiana and have discovered a lot about their model of cooking.
Each time I journey I like to strive the native meals. Touring is the place I’ve discovered a few of my favourite recipes like my fish and chips recipe, Chicago-style deep dish pizza, and the greatest fried rooster I’ve ever had. There may be nothing like experiencing life by different individuals’s meals!
There are such a lot of elements you may embrace on this simple shrimp creole! It is a record of essentially the most primary elements, however you might additionally add bay leaves, thyme, cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, the record goes on! Nevertheless you repair it, you’ll love the mix of flavors on this dish. You’ll find measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: I choose olive oil for the flavour and it could possibly deal with a number of warmth. You should use your favourite oil, or no matter you’re used to cooking with
- Inexperienced Bell Pepper: They’re slightly candy, and add numerous taste to this meal. They simply get higher over time!
- Onion: They’re nice at including numerous taste to the dish, and assist make all the different flavors within the dish shine.
- Celery Stalks: I like to chop off the tops and the white ends, and cube them into small items. You need them to cook dinner shortly and be the right chunk measurement.
- Garlic Cloves: Contemporary garlic provides a candy and savory taste. It makes for an amazing sauce.
- Stewed Tomatoes: You should buy stewed tomatoes in a can within the canned tomato part. I don’t use a selected model, and you need to be capable of discover them at your native grocery retailer.
- Tomato Sauce: I additionally purchase this from a can.
- Rooster Broth: You can additionally use vegetable inventory or a shrimp inventory.
- Chili Powder: Chili powder provides slightly kick. You’ll be able to add extra in the event you choose extra spice, or add sizzling sauce too.
- Worchestershire Sauce: This sauce makes such a tremendous base for any dish.
- Shrimp: That is the important thing ingredient!
- Cornstarch: This helps thicken up the sauce.
- Water: Helps to make extra sauce.
Simple Shrimp Creole Recipe
I like this simple shrimp creole recipe as a result of it’s one pot that makes such a flavorful and scrumptious dinner. It’s so tasty with cauliflower rice and garnished with contemporary parsley. It is a hearty and filling meal that the entire household will love. The very best half is the cleanup is a breeze and the leftovers are unbelievable.
- Add Substances: In a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth add the olive oil. Then add in bell pepper, onion and celery after which cook dinner till tender.
- Prepare dinner: Add in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, rooster broth, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add shrimp and canopy and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes till the shrimp are cooked by. Combine collectively the cornstarch and water and stir into the sauce and cook dinner for a further 1-2 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
Suggestions for Making Shrimp Creole
I feel you’ll love making this shrimp creole! It’s easy and scrumptious, and also you solely soiled one pot or giant skillet. Critically, best clear up and it makes nice leftovers! Listed here are some ideas for variations and methods to make it your personal.
- What to Serve It With: We like to serve this shrimp creole with white rice. You’ll be able to take pleasure in it with mashed potatoes or a pasta, akin to angel hair, in case you are searching for one thing aside from rice. It’s best garnished with parsley and/or inexperienced onions. Lemon additionally provides an amazing sweetness and taste to the general dish due to the acid in it.
- Different Proteins: If you’re searching for different sorts of meat to serve with this, sausage or catfish are nice substitutions. Catfish and shrimp additionally mix nicely with this meal.
- Utilizing Totally different Inventory: In case you choose a extra fish-flavored inventory, akin to shrimp or seafood inventory, you may change the rooster broth for that added taste.
Simple shrimp creole makes such good leftovers! The flavors simply get higher with time. The one factor it’s important to look out for will not be overcooking the shrimp while you reheat it. I prefer to put it again on the range and heat it actually slowly and positively don’t let it get too sizzling.
- Within the Fridge: You’ll be able to hold your leftovers in an hermetic container or the pot you cooked it in lined in plastic wrap within the fridge for 3-4 days.
In a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth add the olive oil. Add in bell pepper, onion and celery and cook dinner till tender.
Add in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, rooster broth, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add shrimp and canopy and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes till the shrimp are cooked by.
Combine collectively the cornstarch and water and stir into the sauce and cook dinner for a further 1-2 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
Up to date Jan 16, 2023
Energy108kcal (5%)Carbohydrates17g (6%)Protein3g (6%)Fats4g (6%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gLdl cholesterol1mgSodium321mg (13%)Potassium287mg (8%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A718IU (14%)Vitamin C29mg (35%)Calcium74mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.