A wholesome and scrumptious meal you’ll be able to have on the desk in simply 20 minutes.. due to store-bought complete wheat gnocchi! Do this Simple Gnocchi Recipe that’s cooked in a easy and flavorful veggie-packed tomato sauce.
When you’ve by no means had gnocchi earlier than, they’re a kind of an Italian pasta-dumpling. They’re made with potatoes and a little bit of flour to carry them collectively. They’ve a delicate, chewy, texture that youngsters actually like. Making selfmade gnocchi is enjoyable and therapeutic, but additionally time consuming – not one thing I wish to do frequently.
Fortunately, you should purchase pre-made gnocchi that’s constituted of high-quality complete meals substances, and that’s what we used right here to make this a unbelievable fast and straightforward weeknight meal.
Gnocchi typically flies beneath the radar as a dinner choice. It’s scrumptious, however not one thing you usually consider to make. Right here’s your reminder that it exists! And right here is a straightforward, wholesome, and scrumptious solution to put together it.
This Simple Gnocchi Recipe is nice as a result of it’s full of veggies! Mushrooms, onions, spinach, and tomatoes. It makes an incredible, filling vegetarian meal. Plus, you solely want a handful of substances. And most of them are issues which can be simple to maintain stocked for final minute dinner choices.
Learn how to Pronounce Gnocchi:
Gnocchi is pronounced “NYOH-kee”. The “g” is silent, and the stress is on the primary syllable.
Elements for our Simple Gnocchi Recipe:
- Onion– Onion provides taste and depth to the sauce. When cooked, onions change into very delicate and candy, they usually assist to stability out the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Mushrooms– Mushrooms add a meaty, savory taste and texture to this vegetarian sauce. Additionally they add extra vitamins akin to protein, fiber, nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Garlic– Garlic helps to stability out the acidity of the tomatoes and provides a heat, fragrant high quality to the dish.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil can helps make the sauce extra flavorful and satisfying. It additionally permits the flavors to develop and meld collectively.
- Diced Tomatoes– Diced tomatoes add each taste and texture to the sauce. They add a barely candy and acidic taste, which helps to stability out the opposite substances.
- Italian Seasoning– dried Italian Seasoning provides a lift of taste. So as to add brightness, contemporary herbs akin to basil, oregano and parsley will be added as properly.
- Salt & Pepper– rounds out the flavour of the dish.
- Spinach– Spinach provides vitamins, taste, and shade to the sauce. It’s an excellent supply of nutritional vitamins and minerals and will increase the dietary worth. It has a light, barely candy and earthy taste that may complement the flavors of the opposite substances within the sauce.
- Gnocchi– Gnocchi are small, delicate dumplings made with potatoes, flour, and eggs. They’re related in look to pasta, however they’ve a softer, extra pillowy texture.
- Parmesan Cheese– Shredded Parmesan cheese provides a tacky, salty taste to the dish and actually pulls the entire flavors collectively.
Learn how to Make this Simple Gnocchi Recipe:
- Cube onion, slice mushrooms, chop or slice spinach, and mince garlic.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. Add olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and prepare dinner for one more 30 seconds or so.
- Add diced tomatoes (together with juice) and seasonings. Add spinach and permit to wilt.
- Stir in raw gnocchi. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, till the gnocchi is cooked. Prime with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Suggestions & Options:
Each gnocchi and pasta will be a part of a nutritious diet, relying on how they’re ready. Gnocchi is constituted of potato, flour, and egg, and is usually decrease in energy and carbohydrates than pasta.
As a result of this recipe requires pre-made gnocchi, it’s fairly simple to forestall gummy gnocchi. Be sure you prepare dinner the gnocchi correctly. Don’t overcook the gnocchi or they could change into mushy.
In fact! When you would quite use pasta, boil 16 ounces of pasta in salted water. Drain properly and stir into the pasta sauce after the spinach. Comply with the remainder of the recipe as directed.
Our very favourite storebought gnocchi is the potato gnocchi from Dealer Joe’s.
Extra Simple Weeknight Meals Concepts:
Cube onion and slice mushrooms. Chop or julienne spinach. Mince garlic.
Warmth a big skillet with excessive sides (or stockpot) over medium warmth. Add olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms till the onions start to go translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and saute for one more 30 seconds.
Pour in diced tomatoes (together with the juice) and add Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Add the spinach leaves and thoroughly stir.
As soon as spinach is wilted, add raw gnocchi and stir collectively. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, till the gnocchi is cooked. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve heat.
Energy: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 5mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see that a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.