This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, good for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
I’ve been making rainbow salads for my daughter Madison since she was little or no. She continuously asks me to make them, so I at all times have a colourful assortment of greens available. I swap it up, typically with radishes rather than tomatoes or inexperienced olives rather than cucumbers. Truthfully, I take advantage of no matter is in my fridge! Quinoa salads are the right lunch or a potluck facet dish, and a few of my different favorites are this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Avocado Quinoa Salad, and Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
What are the advantages of consuming quinoa?
Although technically a seed, quinoa is a grain excessive in protein and fiber. It’s additionally a whole protein, which means it has “all 9 important amino acids that our our bodies can not make on their very own.“ One cup of cooked quinoa offers about eight grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. It’s additionally wealthy in different vitamins, together with magnesium, iron, fiber, and manganese.
Do you eat quinoa salad chilly or heat?
You eat this rainbow quinoa salad chilly, which makes it good for making forward because you don’t should reheat it.
Quinoa Salad Elements
- Quinoa: You’ll want 4 cups of cooked quinoa, which is about one and a 3rd cups of raw quinoa.
- Greens: Shredded brussels sprouts, crimson cabbage, and carrots, yellow bell peppers, mini cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes
- Lemon Dressing: Lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Easy methods to Prepare dinner Quinoa for Salad
Correctly cooking quinoa for salads is crucial to keep away from mushy quinoa. Should you make it on the range, use much less water than the bundle recommends. For one cup of uncooked quinoa, use 1 ¾ cups of water or broth (not two cups which is what the directions say). You may also make it within the Immediate Pot should you choose.
Easy methods to Make Quinoa Salad
- Whisk the dressing components in a small bowl.
- Put a cup of quinoa in every of the 4 bowls, and high it with 1 / 4 of the veggies in rainbow order, beginning with purple and ending with crimson.
- Pour the dressing over the salads and regulate the salt and pepper if wanted.
What number of days is quinoa salad good for?
Rainbow quinoa salad is sweet for as much as 5 days within the fridge. Meal prep it in 4 two-cup containers and have it for lunches all through the week.
- For further protein, add some black beans or chickpeas. If you wish to add meat, diced rooster breast or eggs would work.
- Substitute crimson or tricolor quinoa.
- Use inexperienced olives or jalapenos rather than cucumbers.
- Should you can’t discover mini cucumbers, use a big English cucumber.
- Should you don’t thoughts your salad being quick a rainbow shade, crimson or orange bell pepper will work should you don’t have yellow.
- Substitute grape tomatoes for cherry.
- Save Time: Use the shredding disc in your meals processor to rapidly shred the brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. You may also purchase them pre-shredded from the grocery store.
- Cheese: High the quinoa salad with feta or goat cheese.
- Herbs: Add contemporary herbs, like basil or parsley.
- Serve it to a crowd and blend all of the components in a big bowl. You may also simply double or triple the recipe.
Extra Quinoa Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! Should you’ve tried this wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad recipe or some other on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to fee the recipe and depart me remark beneath. And should you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Tales!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing
Eat the rainbow! This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, good for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- contemporary black pepper, to style
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, from about 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded crimson cabbage
- 1 cup shredded or skinny sliced carrots
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced mini cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk properly.
Add one cup quinoa in every bowl. High with 1/4 cup of every of the greens in rainbow order beginning with purple, ending in crimson.
Pour the dressing over the salad, regulate salt and pepper, as wanted.
Serving: 21/2 cups, Energy: 394kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 10.5g, Fats: 17g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Sodium: 184mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 7g
Key phrases: quinoa salad, rainbow salad, vegan salad