This scrumptious prawn and mango salad is ideal for Christmas celebrations! Set it up as a wreath and permit everybody to dig in. It has all of the flavour of an Aussie Christmas, isn’t any prepare dinner and excellent for making a few hours earlier than serving. With just a bit chopping you will get it made in underneath 10 minutes!
Why you are going to love this recipe
This prawn and mango salad is really easy to make! A step up from the normal prawn cocktail, it consists of all the things it’s worthwhile to make a scrumptious summery salad that everybody will love. Shaping it like a wreath provides it an additional Christmas really feel.
- summer time flavours like mango and avocado work so effectively with the prawns
- appears to be like amazingly particular however is fast and simple to assemble
- excellent for Christmas events and Christmas Day
- excellent for serving 8 individuals with prawn salad shortly and simply
What goes into the recipe
- prawns- you want a kilo of them. I peel all of them earlier than placing on the wreath, however you possibly can additionally simply high and physique them and depart tails on, and even purchase them peeled.
- mango- I solely used one- regardless of there being two within the photograph. Make sure that to make cubes.
- iceberg lettuce- shredded like it will be in a standard prawn cocktail.
- rocket- this helps to offer a “chew” to the salad plus it appears to be like like wreath foliage!
- cucumber- you want one lebanese cucumber
- avocado- one hass avocado can be excellent
- cherry tomatoes- halved
- spring onions- only for further zing
How you can make this recipe
- As it is a no prepare dinner recipe, all of it comes right down to the prep.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, reduce the cucumber into rounds, the avocado into slices, shred the lettuce, dice the mango.
- An important factor is the layering. Star with the iceberg lettuce, then the rocket.
- Subsequent is the avocado, and cucumber.
- Add the mango and halved tomatoes.
- Add the prawsn and sprinkle the spring onions excessive.
- put the seafood sauce within the center.
Knowledgeable Suggestions and FAQs
I used tiger pawns to make this, however principally you want a kilo of excellent high quality prawns. I discover that prawns which are greater than medium prawns look too huge, and have a tendency to have much less flavour.
I’ve used the Beerenberg one right here, which has a very nice flavour. There are many choices, together with connoisseur ones out there on the grocery store.
Extra summer time recipes
Why do not you subscribe to my publication, or comply with alongside on Fb and Instagram? For those who make one thing from the weblog please tag @kidgredients on instagram- it actually makes my day to see what you have been making!
Prawn and Mango Salad Recipe
This prawn and mango salad is ideal for sharing at festive occasions! Tremendous easy to make and no prepare dinner.
Servings: 8 individuals
Stop your display from going darkish
Layer the lettuce first, then the rocket.
½ iceberg lettuce, 100 grams rocket
Add the sliced avocado and cucumber.
1 avocado, 1 lebanese cucumber
Add the tomatoes and cubed mango.
1 mango, 250 grams cherry tomatoes
High with the prawns. Sprinkle on the spring onions. Add the seafood sauce to the center so individuals can add their very own.
1 kg medium prawns, 2 spring onions, 50ml seafood sauce
Energy: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 721mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1229IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg
Extra Christmas recipes for festive enjoyable