This non-alcoholic Pina Colada recipe is ideal for summer season. It’s made with mixing contemporary candy pineapples, thick creamy coconut milk, and ice cubes – no rum wanted! Right here you’ll discover step-by-step directions with images for methods to make the perfect kid-friendly Pina Colada mocktail in solely quarter-hour.
About Pina Colada
Refreshing and candy pina coladas are the nationwide drink of Puerto Rico. They’re creamy, icy and slushy drinks which can be good for having fun with on a scorching day.
Whereas there are lots of completely different of pina colada recipes, two key elements that almost each model will embody are pineapple and coconut. Collectively they create a splendidly tropical taste in each sip.
Historically pina coladas are additionally made with rum. Nonetheless, they’re simple to make and simply as scrumptious (if no more so) to organize with out alcohol.
As a result of we make this as a non-alcoholic drink it’s really a fairly wholesome pina colada recipe. Our mocktail (that’s a pretend, or “mock”, cocktail) is simply made with 3 healthful elements: contemporary pineapple, thick coconut milk, and ice cubes. So the youngsters also can take pleasure in a chilly and engaging beverage with an island twist.
And since it is a vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, alcohol-free, wholesome recipe, you may even serve these pina coladas for breakfast or as a day snack!
How you can make Pina Colada
1. Step one is to peel and slice the pineapple into small chunks. I used half of a medium-sized pineapple and go about 2 cups of chopped items.
For straightforward ideas for methods to slice a pineapple, I counsel you check out this video right here.
2. Add the pineapple chunks to a blender jar.
3. As-is this recipe makes a really candy drink. Nonetheless, if you need a brilliant candy model you may add a tablespoon of granulated sugar or coconut sugar or uncooked sugar.
4. Mix the pineapple right into a easy puree. There must be no chunks or lumps within the puree.
5. Then add about ¾ cup, of thick coconut milk. You should use canned coconut milk or try my simple home made Coconut Milk Recipe for essentially the most flavorful and healthful model.
You may as well use coconut cream. When you do you may need to add a splash of water or coconut water to skinny out the consistency.
6. Now add 4 to six ice cubes. If you’re not keen on ice cubes, merely skip them.
7. Mix as soon as extra till easy, creamy, and evenly blended.
8. Pour the blended drink into two glasses and serve the virgin Pina Coladas instantly.
I might solely suggest utilizing contemporary pineapple. Tinned pineapple tends to incorporate further sugar which makes the pina coladas extremely candy and never as flavorful.
Add fewer ice cubes and add some coconut cream along with the coconut milk. You may as well solely add coconut milk, adjusting its amount, relying on how thick you need your drink.
Add a couple of contemporary mint leaves, chunks or slices of contemporary pineapple, or a cherry on prime for a traditional garnish.
I counsel that you just serve these icy drinks instantly. They may go from splendidly slushy to melted shortly, in order that they don’t preserve effectively in any respect.
Please be sure you charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath if in case you have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Signal Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Fb, Pinterest or Twitter.
Pina Colada Recipe (Mocktail Drink)
This non-alcoholic and refreshing Virgin Pina Colada recipe is ideal for summer season. It is made with contemporary pineapple juice, creamy coconut milk, and ice cubes – no rum wanted! Study to make the simple and greatest Pina Colada Mocktail!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Chopping the pineapples
- First step is to peel and slice the pineapple. I used half of a medium pineapple and obtained about 2 cups chopped pineapple wedges. Add the wedges or cubes in a blender jar.
Making pina colada
Add sugar. You may as well skip sugar if you need.
Mix to a easy puree. There must be no pineapple chunks within the puree.
Then add the thick coconut milk. You may as well use coconut cream, however then add some water or coconut water to skinny the drink.
Add 4 to six ice cubes.
Mix as soon as extra until easy and every little thing is blended evenly.
Pour Pina Colada drink in glasses and serve instantly. You’ll be able to garnish with pineapple wedges in the event you like.
- Guarantee to make use of contemporary, ripe and candy tasting pineapple. Don’t use tangy or semi-sweet pineapple as this will result in digestion issues.
- Additionally ideally, use contemporary pineapple. Tinned pineapple tends to incorporate further sugar which makes the pina coladas extremely candy and never as flavorful.
- Be at liberty so as to add sweetener of your alternative.
- Decide to garnish pina colada, with contemporary mint sprigs, cherries or pineapple slices.
Pina Colada Recipe (Mocktail Drink)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 130 Energy from Fats 27
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 3g19%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 1g
Vitamin A 66IU1%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 54mg65%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 20µg5%
* P.c Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
This Pina Colada recipe from the archives first printed in Could 2015 has been republished and up to date on January 2023.