Learn to make Orange Hen like Panda Categorical with this straightforward copycat recipe. Take pleasure in crispy batter fried hen with orange sauce for dinner. Serve Panda Categorical Orange Hen with steamed or fried rice for a tasty Chinese language meal.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Panda Categorical Orange Hen So Good?
When you’ve got ever been to a Panda Categorical, there’s a good likelihood you could have tried the chain’s Orange Hen. Virtually half the diners find yourself ordering the dish. And why not? It’s deliciously tangy, with a contact of warmth and sweetness to assist stability the flavour.
You don’t have to go away your own home to take pleasure in Panda Categorical’ most well-known dish. Attempt making it at residence with this recipe.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Recipe
Nothing compares to nice selfmade Orange Hen, however you want a very good recipe. Many on-line copycat Orange Hen recipes are disappointing as a result of they lack the spice ranges of the genuine Panda Categorical Orange Hen.
This recipe captures that warmth through the use of genuine Asian chili oil. Discovering Asian chili oil could take a little bit of effort, however the outcomes are value it. When you grasp methods to make Orange Hen sauce, you’ll by no means wish to use bottled orange sauce once more.
Components to Put together Orange Glazed Hen
For breading the selfmade Orange Hen, you’ll want:
- Floor white pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Hen thighs
For the Orange Hen sauce, you’ll want:
- Orange juice, pulp-free
- Soy sauce
- White sugar
- Powdered ginger
- Floor white pepper
- Rice or white vinegar
- Chili oil
- Sesame oil
Cooks in Asia use fiery chili oil as each a condiment and an ingredient. One revered model you could find in some supermarkets is Lee Kum Kee, however it’s positively on the spicy facet. Mr. Bing’s Chili Crisp is milder however more durable to search out in shops, so look on-line.
For frying, you’ll want:
How To Make Orange Hen
There are a number of components to getting ready this Panda Categorical Orange Hen recipe – the hen, sauce, after which placing them collectively for serving. Listed here are the directions:
To prep the hen:
- Take away any pores and skin, fats, and tendons from the boneless thighs.
- Chop the hen into one-inch bite-size items and put aside.
To bread the hen:
- Use a fork to stir collectively the flour, salt, floor white pepper, and corn starch in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the water, egg, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl.
- Add the moist substances to the dry ones and stir to mix.
- Add the hen items to the batter combination and stir effectively to coat.
- Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and put it within the fridge for half-hour.
To make the orange sauce:
- You may put together the orange sauce whereas the hen is within the fridge.
- Whisk collectively all of the sauce substances in a bowl. Be certain the sugar totally dissolves. Set the sauce.
To fry the hen:
- Take away the bowl of hen and batter from the fridge to permit it to heat up a short while establishing the fryer.
- A deep fryer makes cooking the hen a lot simpler, however you may also use a large, thick-bottomed pot and a clip-on deep-fry thermometer.
- Pour a minimum of 4 inches of vegetable oil into the fryer or pot. Warmth the oil to 350 levels.
- Place a paper towel-lined wire rack on prime of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Fry the hen in batches till it’s golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Keep watch over the thermometer and alter the warmth to make sure correct cooking.
- Use a spider to take away the cooked hen from the oil and drain the surplus oil off the fried hen items.
- Repeat with the remaining hen.
To sauce the hen:
- Warmth a skillet or wok over medium-high warmth.
- Stir the sauce and punctiliously pour it into the nice and cozy pan. Prepare dinner the sauce till it thickens into the consistency of skinny pancake syrup. In case you over-reduce the sauce, add some water to skinny it out.
- Put the fried hen items into the pan with the thickened sauce and coat effectively. Warmth the hen for a couple of minute extra earlier than serving.
What To Serve With Panda Categorical Orange Hen
White rice, fried rice, and broccoli are in style sides, however you’ll be able to serve the orange glazed hen with brown rice and different Asian greens like steamed bok choy or sauteed water spinach.
Attempt slicing the inexperienced a part of the scallions or inexperienced onions and garnishing the hen with the slices to deliver just a little freshness to the dish. You may as well garnish the dish with orange zest or finely chopped purple peppers.
How To Retailer the Leftovers
Cool any unserved hen items shortly and save them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days.
You may freeze Orange Hen in a freezer-safe container for as much as two months. Thaw it within the fridge in a single day.
What’s the Greatest Technique to Reheat Orange Hen
Warmth thawed Orange Hen in a skillet over medium warmth. Add some orange juice or water to assist loosen the sauce and forestall burning.
Extra Panda Categorical Copycat Recipes
Favourite Chinese language Recipes
Panda Categorical Orange Hen
You can also make Panda Categorical Orange Hen at residence with this straightforward copycat recipe.
- 1 pound boneless skinless hen thighs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon floor white pepper
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- ¼ teaspoon floor white pepper
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes in oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Lower the hen thighs into small bite-sized items which can be about 1-inch cubes.
In a bowl mix egg, salt, floor white pepper, cornstarch, all-purpose flour, water, and vegetable oil. Stir to mix.
Place minimize hen thighs into the batter. Stir to coat the hen thighs very effectively with the batter. Cowl bowl with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for half-hour.
Place vegetable oil right into a pot, the vegetable oil must be a minimum of 4 inches deep. You need to use a deep fryer. Warmth the oil to 350°F.
In a small bowl mix orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, floor white pepper, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, chili flakes in oil, and sesame oil. Whisk collectively effectively.
Pour sauce into a big skillet or wok, flip the warmth as much as medium excessive and prepare dinner till the sauce thickens. Add cooked hen and stir to coat.
Energy: 679kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 30g | Fats: 23g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 8g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 1518mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 4mg