These NO BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars are made with crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies, topped with silky chocolate pudding and a fluffy peanut butter cream cheese layer, and completed off with Cool Whip or my extraordinarily standard Stabilized Whipped Cream recipe! Pop the cookie crust into the freezer for simple and tremendous scrumptious NO-BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
Welcome to what’s THE hottest recipe right here at 365 Days of Baking and Extra!
It’s a wedding made in heaven. Chocolate and peanut butter are a kind of issues which can be simply meant to go collectively! Simply the considered these two unbelievable flavors makes me swoon!
I don’t care what you name this simple dessert – a layered no-bake dessert, chocolate peanut butter lasagna, peanut butter lush dessert— I simply name it freakin’ scrumptious, as do the hundreds of different individuals who have made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bar recipe go viral on social media.
In fact, the peanut butter and chocolate pudding complement one another fairly properly and the Cool Whip provides an important creamy lightness to it. You’ll be able to guess I’ll be making these decadent bars many times!
What do I must make Peanut Butter Chocolate Dream Bars?
- 16 ounces Nutter Butter Cookies or peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3.9-ounce package deal of prompt chocolate pudding (or as shut as you will get!)
- 1 ½ cups chilly milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip OR my Stabilized Whipped Cream
- ¼ cup every, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips
How do I make Peanut Butter Lasagna?
This dessert lasagna, or chocolate peanut butter dream bars, takes slightly time however is fairly simple to make and definitely worth the effort! Let’s go over make the person layers wanted for the bars.
- First, crush about 20 of the cookies in a blender or meals processor. Then soften the butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Combine the crushed sandwich cookies and melted butter collectively collectively till nicely mixed.
- Subsequent, press the cookie crumb combination into an 8×8 sq. baking pan lined with parchment paper that hangs over the edges (this may make the bars simple to take away later). Put the cookie crust into the freezer to set for not less than half-hour.
- In a small bowl, use an electrical mixer on medium velocity to mix the chocolate pudding combine and 1 ½ cups of milk referred to as for within the recipe, NOT the two cups as referred to as for on the field. We wish the pudding to be a bit firmer so it may be sliced via. Now, refrigerate the pudding till set or prepared to make use of.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter. With a silicone spatula, add one cup of the Cool Whip or Stabilized Whipped Cream and blend all of it collectively.
Now it’s time to assemble our dream bars!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush Meeting
- Put dollops of the cheesecake peanut butter combination onto the cooled crust and unfold it evenly over the crushed cookies with an offset spatula.
- Gently unfold the pudding on prime of the cheesecake layer.
- Cowl the chocolate layer with the remaining Cool Whip or stabilized whipped cream. This Stabilized Whipped Cream on my web site will work completely for this Dream Bar Recipe in addition to all of the others I’ve right here on 365 Days of Baking and Extra. It’s the excellent substitute for these of you who don’t need to use Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate the bars for no less than two hours to set.
- Earlier than serving, crush the remaining peanut butter cookies in a plastic bag with a mallet or rolling pin and sprinkle them on prime of the dessert. Lastly, prime with the milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.
See the whole checklist of substances and full directions within the recipe card beneath.
How do I serve these no-bake dessert bars?
Preserve the peanut butter lush chilled till you’re able to serve it. Take away the bars from the pan by gently lifting the parchment paper out of the baking dish. Use a heat, clear knife to slice the bars and serve them in small squares.
How do I retailer Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars?
Cowl the dessert with plastic wrap or aluminum foil (or use an hermetic container with a tight-fitting lid) and retailer it within the fridge once you’re not consuming it.
So long as you retain the bars coated and chilled, they’ll keep good for as much as per week!
Can I double this recipe to make for a bigger crowd?
You’ll be able to simply make a bigger model of this chocolate peanut butter lasagna! Double the recipe and use a 13×9 baking dish as a substitute of an 8×8 pan. Comply with the remainder of the recipe card as directed!
Extra Dream Bar Recipes
These no-bake desserts are a number of the hottest recipes on my weblog. Whether or not you want fruity desserts or wealthy, decadent chocolate desserts, there’s a dream bar for you!
No Bake Desserts
In the event you’re making an attempt to keep away from heating up the oven, give one in every of these no-bake recipes a attempt subsequent time:
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
~ YOUTUBE ~
Preserve a watch out for extra of my simple recipes every week!
Take a fast have a look at the best way these bars are made!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Finely crush 20 of the cookies In a blender or meals processor.
Soften the butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Add the crushed cookies and blend till nicely moistened. Press into an 8 X 8-inch baking dish, and place into the freezer for no less than half-hour to set.
Combine the package deal of pudding with the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a small bowl, and place into fridge to set.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla collectively.
Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and blend till nicely blended.
Place dollops of cream cheese combination over the crust, and with an offset spatula, gently unfold to utterly cowl.
Doing the identical with the chocolate pudding, place dollops over the cream cheese and evenly distribute.
Unfold remaining Cool Whip over the pudding.
Refrigerate two hours. Place into freezer for a half hour to utterly set and permit for neat slices.
In a plastic bag, break up the remaining cookies.
Sprinkle the cookies and chocolate / peanut butter chips excessive simply earlier than serving.
NOTE: My photos present that I put the pudding on prime of the cookie crust, after which the cheesecake layer and have advised you to do the other right here within the recipe. I’ve discovered it’s best to unfold if I’m going within the order of cookie crust, cheesecake layer, then pudding, and end with the whipped topping, however you possibly can truthfully do it whichever method you like. I’ve additionally diminished the variety of cookies referred to as for within the crust from the unique recipe as many have commented on it being too thick.
Serving: 1g | Energy: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 31g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 519IU | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg
This put up was initially revealed on 8/4/2014, and has been up to date in format with improved recipe, and pics on 2/9/2024.