Meyer Lemon Bars are a twist on the traditional citrus bar. Barely sweeter, the discriminating palate will discover a delicate floral notice that comes from this crossbred fruit!
Meyer Lemon Desserts are a scrumptious option to showcase these distinctive lemons. These simple lemon bars are the proper introduction.
Why You Should Make
- They’re made with Meyer Lemons as an alternative of Normal Lemons for a delicate twist of their taste!
- Meyer Lemons are customary lemons crossed with mandarin oranges which supplies an additional contact of sweetness.
- With a shortbread crust and a vibrant, citrusy custard topping, lemon dessert lovers will take pleasure in each tasty chew of those bars.
Meyer lemons aren’t something that will be harvested wherever close to my Indiana residence, however perhaps certainly one of you has some citrus able to pluck and juice for a twist on a traditional dessert, Meyer Lemon Bars. These sweet-tart gems are the proper option to finish a household meal.
Tips on how to Make Lemon Bars
- Preheat the oven and line your baking pan.
- Combine collectively crust substances as directed.
- Kind the dough right into a ball, chill, then bake. Cool.
- Whisk collectively the filling and pour over the cooled crust.
- Bake till the filling is ready. Cool fully.
- Minimize into bars and mud with powdered sugar simply earlier than serving.
- Line your baking pan with non-stick foil for straightforward launch from the perimeters of the pan and to make use of as a sling to move them from the pan to the slicing board.
- Have your eggs at room temperature for straightforward incorporation.
- At all times use recent lemon juice, by no means bottled. Freshly squeezed juice is way superior and can make for tastier bars.
- Zest your lemons earlier than squeezing.
- PRO-Tip: Roll your lemons below your palm earlier than squeezing. This can break down a few of the citrus membranes and soften the rind which might improve juice manufacturing.
- PRO-Tip: To get essentially the most taste out of your lemon zest, add it to the sugar referred to as for within the filling and rub it between your fingers to launch the important oils.
- Don’t fret in regards to the teeny bubbles throughout the baked floor. They’re regular and can disappear once you mud the bars with powdered sugar earlier than serving.
- Chill effectively earlier than slicing into bars for the smartest slices.
Verdict on this Meyer Lemon Recipe
I first made these in 2012 for the bridal bathe of an expensive neighbor. Shelli, the bride-to-be’s mom, was the primary to inquire about what made these lemon bars so distinctive. She has essentially the most discriminating palate.
I introduced the leftovers residence the place the expensive ol’ hubby had no clue that this was any totally different from my traditional lemon bars, although he did point out how tasty they had been. Greater than as soon as. Perhaps even three or 4 occasions.
So, be happy to attempt these as written if in case you have entry to Meyer lemons, however add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar should you use the tarter customary lemons.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
I’ve made plenty of variations of lemon bars, however I wished one thing additional particular for the bridal bathe I helped host.
Meyer lemons are a cross between oranges or mandarins and lemons. I used to be delighted after I noticed mounds of this seductive orangish-yellow citrus within the produce part of Entire Meals.
They can be utilized interchangeably for normal lemons, however do not forget that they’re sweeter because of the genetic connection to oranges.
Alter your recipe if wanted to compensate for the Meyer lemons. I adopted Ina Garten’s excellent lemon bar recipe however decreased the sugar because of the sweetness of those lemons.
Meyer Lemon season is from December by means of Could. Their quick season and fragile rinds make them dearer than customary lemons.
Meyer Lemons can be utilized in any recipe calling for normal lemons. The peel might be zested or candied, the juice can be utilized for baking or cooking, cocktails, and lemonade. Word that they’re barely sweeter.
Sure, To extend the lifetime of your Meyer lemons, maintain them within the crisper/produce drawers of your fridge. It can stop them from drying out and lengthen their shelf life to about 2 weeks.
You Could Additionally Like:
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Sprint of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (use 1 1/2 cups if utilizing common lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º. If you would like, line 8 x 8 pan with nonstick foil for straightforward elimination.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electrical mixer, then slowly add flour and salt until simply combined.
- Collect dough and press right into a ball. Pat into the underside of the pan. Chill.
- Bake crust for quarter-hour, until flippantly browned. Cool on rack. Depart oven on.
- Whisk collectively eggs, sugar, zest, juice, and flour till mixed.
- Pour over crust and bake for 25 minutes or until filling is ready. Cool to room temperature.
- Minimize into bars and dirt with powdered sugar simply earlier than serving.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 198Complete Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 50mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g