Fall Brussels Sprout Salad
I like utilizing uncooked, shaved Brussels sprouts in salads! You should purchase them shredded, however I like to cut them myself in order that they’re brisker. For this simple Fall Brussels sprout salad recipe, I tossed them with candy, crisp purple apples, pecans, blue cheese, and a balsamic French dressing. If you happen to’re on the lookout for extra Brussels sprouts salads, do this Uncooked Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Oil and Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon and Avocado.
How one can shred or shave Brussels sprouts
You’ll be able to thinly minimize your brussels sprouts with a knife. Simply minimize the foundation finish off the sprout after which slice them vertically. You may also prep them in a meals processor with the shredding disc connected.
How far prematurely can I shred Brussels sprouts?
This fall salad is nice for meal prep. You’ll be able to shred your Brussels sprouts and the French dressing a day or two earlier than you serve the salad. Mix every part proper earlier than serving and even a few hours early. The dressing will soften the sprouts, and the vinegar within the dressing will stop the apples from turning brown. Leftovers will maintain for a few days within the fridge.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Substances
- Brussels Sprouts: You’ll want 4 cups of shaved or shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Nuts: If you happen to don’t have pecans, swap them with walnuts or almonds. If you happen to’re allergic to nuts, omit them.
- Apples: I used a Honey crisp apple, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite purple apple. You might additionally attempt making this salad with pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
- Cheese: Gorgonzola or blue cheese will work.
- Balsamic French dressing: Whisk the olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, balsamic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
Extra Shredded Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love:
Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with Apple, Pecans, and Blue Cheese
This Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with apples, pecans, and blue cheese is a superb aspect salad with roasted rooster, pork or Thanksgiving turkey.
- 4 cups thinly shredded brussels sprouts, 12 oz whole
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans, 1 ounce
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, or gorgonzola
- 1 small honey crisp apple, or any candy apple, cored and diced into matchsticks, pores and skin on
Whisk olive oil, Dijon, shallots and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour over Brussels in a big bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style.
Combine in apples and high with pecans and blue cheese.
If you happen to choose to cook dinner your Brussels sprouts, saute in a skillet with slightly oil for about 5 minutes.
Serving: 1cup, Energy: 202kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 13.5g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 154mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g
Key phrases: brussels sprout salad, simple aspect dish, fall, fall salads, uncooked brussels sprouts, shredded brussels sprouts