Venison Tacos – Deer Backstrap seasoned with Mexican Seasonings and smoked till medium uncommon. Then the venison backstop is sliced and served as deer tacos on a tortilla with fajita greens and a Gringo Inexperienced Sauce.
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Backstrap Tacos Recipe – Deer (Venison) Backstrap seasoned with Mexican Seasonings and smoked till medium uncommon. Then served on a tortilla with fajita greens and a Gringo Inexperienced Sauce.
- 1 venison backstop trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper sliced
- 8oz white button mushrooms sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 dozen flour tortillas – taco measurement
- 8oz Gringo Inexperienced Sauce* recipe under
- Contemporary cilantro and cotija cheese for serving
Gringo Inexperienced Sauce
- 8oz bitter cream
- 1 giant Haas Avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Malcom’s Grande Gringo Mexican Seasoning
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup water (extra/much less as wanted)
Place elements in a blender or meals processor and mix till clean. Scrape down the edges and add a water 1 Tablespoon at a time till it reaches the specified consistency. Sauce ought to be clean not chunky.
- Season venison again strap on all sides with Grande Gringo seasoning.
- Put together pellet grill or different grill/smoker for oblique coking at 250°F.
- Place backstop on the cooking grate and smoke till inner temperature reaches 125°F on prompt learn thermometer. *cook dinner till your required doneness however I like to recommend medium uncommon
- Whereas again strap is on smoker sauté’ onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms on flat prime griddle.
- Season with Salt, Pepper, & Garlic and cook dinner for 5-7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and proceed to cook dinner for two minutes or till tomatoes start to melt and barely char.
- Take away the again strap from the grill as soon as it reaches 125°F inner and relaxation for 5-7 minutes.
- Slice into skinny strips and serve on heat flour tortillas with sautéed greens, chopped cilantro, cotija cheese, and Gringo Inexperienced sauce*.
Key phrases: taco, deer taco, deer backstrap, backstrap, venison
Have a Query About This Recipe?
Join with us in our HowToBBQRight Fb group for recipe assist, to share your footage, giveaways, and extra!