This tofu bowl with rice stars crispy tofu, recent veggies, spicy mayo and crunchy bits of fried onion! A deliciously wholesome vegan dinner to fill your day with plant-based goodness.
In search of a rock-star vegan recipe or plant based mostly dinner thought? Do this crispy tofu bowl! Think about, chunks of perfectly-seasoned meaty, savory tofu which might be crispy on the surface and tender on the within. Mix that with fluffy rice and recent veggies, then cowl it with a spicy mayo. The most effective half? Sprinkle the whole lot with crunchy fried onions! It makes a bowl that’s an explosion of textures and flavors—which occurs to be completely plant-based.
Components on this tofu bowl recipe
This tofu bowl is so scrumptious, we’d gladly add it to our dinner rotation each night time of the week. (Plus, our children are obsessive about tofu, which helps!) It’s a spin on our common Salmon Rice Crunch Bowl, which itself is a riff on our pal Pinch of Yum’s recipe for Crunchy Roll Bowls. Impressed by a sushi crunch roll, it makes use of crispy fried onions to imitate the crunchy tempura flakes. Right here’s what you’ll want for this tofu rice bowl:
- 1 recipe Crispy Tofu or Baked Tofu
- Lengthy grain white rice
- English cucumber
- Mayonnaise (vegan mayonnaise, for vegan)
- Sriracha scorching sauce
- Crunchy fried onions
- Chunky sea salt or soy sauce
Baked tofu vs crispy tofu
salad we made particularly for our favourite
- Baked Tofu takes 45 minutes to make, however it’s very simple, no-fail, and a fingers off methodology. You probably have the time, this methodology is the proper match! Get it within the oven, then make the opposite parts for the bowl. You can too simply make it as much as 3 days upfront after which heat it up in a 350F oven or skillet.
- Crispy Tofu takes about 20 minutes to make, however it’s a bit of extra labor-intensive than the baked tofu. You’ll have to have a non-stick skillet, and the strategy is generally hands-on for the cook dinner time. It may be a bit of difficult to flip the tofu as nicely. Nevertheless it comes out superbly crispy and scrumptious!
The important thing: crispy fried onions
Apart from the tofu, the crispy fried onions are the important thing to this tofu bowl! After making an attempt this taste secret, we’ve began sprinkling crispy fried onions on all our bowl meals and salads. Listed below are a number of suggestions:
- Seize a can of bought crispy fried onions. That’s proper, the sort that go on inexperienced bean casserole.
- Sprinkle over the entire bowl as a garnish. This mimics the feel of a sushi crunch roll, and provides a savory onion taste all through.
- Use leftovers for sprinkling on any bowl meal or salad. They’re particularly enjoyable on on a Caesar salad or kale Caesar.
No tofu urgent required!
In case you’ve made tofu earlier than, you’ll know that usually recipes point out to press the tofu by wrapping it in a towel and putting a heavy object on high for half-hour. Nonetheless, each our crispy tofu and baked tofu recipes don’t require urgent in any respect! This makes them excellent for weeknight dinners since you don’t should waste the time ready for it to press. Merely dry it off with a towel and also you’re good to go.
Storage and leftovers
This tofu bowl saves very nicely! Although the tofu tastes finest the day of creating, each the baked and crispy tofu maintain up nicely within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can too make the rice upfront and reheat on the stovetop with a splash of water. This recipe is nice for making forward for lunches and dinners all through the week.
Extra tofu recipes
This tofu rice bowl recipe is one among our high recipes with tofu! Listed below are a number of extra tofu recipes to strive in the event you love this plant-based protein:
This tofu bowl recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
This tofu bowl with rice stars crispy tofu, crisp veggies, spicy mayo and crunchy bits of fried onion! Gas your day with plant-powered goodness.
For the tofu
- 14 or 15 ounces further agency tofu
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons smoked soy sauce or soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
For the tofu bowl
- 1 cup lengthy grain white rice
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced or diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 giant carrots, julienne peeled or shredded
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sriracha
- Crunchy fried onions, to garnish (required!)
- Chunky sea salt, to garnish (or soy sauce)
- Rinse the rice. Deliver 1 ½ cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Deliver to a boil, cut back warmth to low, and canopy. Simmer 12 to fifteen minutes or till the water is absolutely absorbed (test by pulling again with a fork). Take away the warmth, cowl and permit to steam for five to 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- Comply with the directions to cook dinner the Baked Tofu or Crispy Tofu*.
- Chop the avocados. Cube the cucumber. Julienne or shred the carrots. Slice the radishes.
- Make the spicy mayo: combine collectively the mayonnaise and the Sriracha.
- To serve, place the rice in a bowl and high with the tofu and veggies. Sprinkle salt on the veggies or a tiny little bit of soy sauce round the entire bowl. High with the spicy mayo and a beneficiant sprinkle of crunchy fried onions.
*Open the recipes in one other tab for straightforward navigating. The Baked Tofu methodology is simpler and fingers off, however takes longer (it features a few non-obligatory further spices and extra cornstarch). The Crispy Tofu is faster, however requires extra effort on the skillet.
- Class: Primary dish
- Technique: Stovetop
- Delicacies: Tofu
- Eating regimen: Vegan
Key phrases: Tofu bowl, tofu rice bowl, tofu bowl recipe