Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies make the proper Valentine’s Day deal with! These chewy cookies are rolled in festive sprinkles and topped with a Dove chocolate coronary heart pushed proper into the middle of every cookie! Bake up a batch for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day!
Whether or not you might be sending in treats for a category social gathering or simply need to give your family members one thing particular, these scrumptious crimson velvet cookies are an awesome selection! They’re fast to make, stuffed with chocolate taste, and have that lovely crimson colour we at all times affiliate with Valentine’s Day.
In fact, you may make these cookies any time of the 12 months! Make them to have fun an anniversary, birthday, or only a Friday afternoon!
Which Chocolate Hearts are Finest?
Valentine’s Day is unquestionably the time of 12 months to purchase chocolate hearts. I discovered Dove Chocolate Hearts to be the proper measurement that gave me the perfect ratio of cookie to chocolate. I used to be going to make use of Hershey’s hearts, however they have been a bit greater than I needed, and truthfully, I preferred the flavour of the Dove chocolate higher, too. Be happy to make use of them or different hearts in the event you’d like, although!
For those who plan on making these cookies at one other time of 12 months, I recommend shopping for a couple of further baggage and freezing the chocolate hearts till you want them. In fact, an alternative choice is to make use of Hershey Kisses or Hershey’s Hugs as an alternative of chocolate hearts.
Substances for Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies
Here’s what you want to make about 3 dozen crimson velvet blossoms:
- 36 Dove Milk Chocolate Hearts (one 8.87-ounce bundle) – you will have a couple of left over, too! 👍
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 giant egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon crimson meals coloring (if utilizing crimson gel meals coloring as an alternative of liquid you’ll need much less)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Crimson sanding sugar and/or Valentine’s Day-themed sprinkles, nonpareils, for rolling
The way to make Crimson Velvet Cookies with Chocolate Hearts
Earlier than you make these straightforward cookies, place the chocolate hearts into the freezer for an hour or so, in order that they received’t soften when positioned on prime of every cookie.
- Now, warmth oven to 350 levels F and put together a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Subsequent, cream the butter and sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment till gentle and fluffy, about 3 minutes. You can too use an electrical mixer and a big bowl.
- Add the egg, milk, meals coloring, and vanilla, then combine till effectively mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Progressively add the dry elements to the moist elements, beating on low pace simply till the flour combination is mixed.
- Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop or only a tablespoon to form the cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Roll every cookie dough ball in crimson sugar crystals or sprinkles, masking it utterly. Place them on the ready baking sheet.
- Lastly, bake cookies for 8-10 minutes till the center of the cookie is about. Take away the baking sheet from the oven and press a chocolate coronary heart into the middle of every smooth cookie. After a couple of minutes, switch every cookie to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Ideas for Good Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies
- This recipe works finest at room temperature. If you want to chill the dough for any motive, let it heat up once more earlier than rolling the dough, because the sprinkles don’t stick as effectively to the refrigerated dough.
- To avoid wasting time, unwrap all of the chocolate hearts whereas the cookies bake. Then they’re able to go if you take away the pan from the oven.
- Each Jimmie-style sprinkles and nonpareils work nice for this recipe and look so cute on the completed cookies!
Do I’ve to relax the dough?
No, chilling will not be required for this recipe. In actual fact, as I shared above, after I tried chilling the dough, it was tougher to get the sprinkles to stay, so room temperature is finest!
Can I make Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies forward of time?
Sure, make these cookies and retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can too make the cookie dough, roll the cookies, after which freeze the cookie dough balls. Retailer the frozen dough in a freezer bag till you’re able to bake them. Add a couple of minutes to the bake time, however in any other case, you may make them straight from the freezer!
How do I retailer leftover cookies?
These baked cookies don’t should be refrigerated except you’re making them forward of time. Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
For longer storage, place cooled cookies in an hermetic container or freezer bag and freeze them for as much as 3 months!
Crimson Velvet Recipes
Valentine’s Day Desserts
Searching for extra desserts to share with, impress and even snag your sweetheart?
How about some blondies full of crimson, pink and white M&Ms? They’re straightforward to make, so that you’ll be having fun with them very quickly.
In case you have jello lovers in your life, they’re positive to present you an enormous smile if you put these JELL-O Valentine Hearts in entrance of them. It will likely be a lot enjoyable consuming this jiggly crimson, pink and white gelatin dessert!
Going to have a Galentine’s Day or a Valentine film marathon? Then this candy & salty Valentine Snack Combine with a bit of little bit of every little thing can be good to munch on.
You may’t go improper with this assortment of 30+ Valentine’s Day Recipes. With so many scrumptious recipes, you’re positive to seek out one thing that may please everybody, and be capable of make one thing further particular for a date night time at house.
Favourite Cookie Recipes
As this began out primarily as a baking weblog, I’ve tons of cookie recipes on the positioning! For those who’re in search of new recipes, these are a number of the hottest ones:
Do you might have a favourite cookie you like to make? Share it with us within the feedback!
Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies
Crimson Velvet Blossom Cookies are an ideal Valentine’s Day dessert! They’re chewy chocolate cookies rolled in festive sprinkles, topped with a Dove chocolate coronary heart proper within the middle of every cookie!
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Place the chocolate hearts into the freezer for at the very least an hour in order that they will not soften as shortly when positioned on the nice and cozy cookie.
Preheat oven to 350°F, and put together cookie sheet by lining it with a bit of parchment.
Cream the butter and sugar in a big mixing bowl till gentle and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, milk, crimson meals coloring and vanilla and blend till effectively blended.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Progressively add into the butter combination, beating till simply blended.
Utilizing a tablespoonful of dough, form into 1-inch balls. Roll in coloured sugar and/or sprinkles, and place on ready baking sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Take away from oven and press sweet into middle of every cookie. Switch from the cookie sheet to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- I used Dove Chocolate Hearts. I used to be going to make use of the Hershey’s Chocolate Hearts, however they have been a bit greater than what I needed and didn’t just like the ratio of chocolate to cookie. Be happy to make use of them although in the event you’d like!
- I did make the cookie dough and positioned it into the fridge for about an hour earlier than baking, and had bother with the sprinkles sticking after I rolled them. It could be finest to roll them after they’re at room temperature.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 0.03mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.4mg