Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake combines 3 of my favourite dessert meals: Cheesecake, Chocolate, and Caramel! This decadent do-it-yourself cheesecake recipe doesn’t disappoint!
As a cheesecake fanatic, I couldn’t resist this sweet bar-inspired dessert with a thick creamy cheesecake layer, a beneficiant ganache topping, and a luscious drizzle of caramel sauce. Pure bliss!!!
Why You Should Make
- We have been entertaining Invoice’s companions and their wives. I knew I wanted a showstopper of a dessert. This Twix Cheesecake, sliced and doused with do-it-yourself caramel sauce, was the proper resolution!
- Bringing this out of the fridge throughout the dinner hour allowed the cheesecake to get the coolness off and turn into ultra-creamy. It obtained rave evaluations!
- Solely a sliver is required to fulfill your candy tooth, so that is the proper dessert for a celebration!
I used to be impressed by Hugs & Cookies XOXO by this superb recipe which began with the well-known Junior’s cheesecake recipe. Danielle made a straightforward 3-minute caramel sauce and I turned to my microwave caramel sauce. Each are fabulous and add that obligatory caramel element of the Twix Bar to this dessert. A thick layer of ganache supplied the requisite chocolate. Are you swooning but??? Our company definitely did!
- Kitchen Staples – Sugar, Butter (salted is okay)
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – Or make your individual in a meals processor utilizing graham crackers
- Cream Cheese – Convey out of the fridge at the least 2 hours earlier than mixing so it can combine up easily.
- Eggs – Giant eggs are normal for baking. Even have them at room temperature for simpler incorporation into the batter.
- Cornstarch – Helps the cheesecake set whereas baking and retains it steady after it’s baked.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract. By no means use artificially flavored.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – At the least 36% Butterfat
- Semisweet Chocolate – Use good high quality chocolate for the tastiest outcomes. I used Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars and chopped them earlier than melting them. Chocolate chips have components that assist them maintain their form. They can be utilized if that’s all you may have out there.
- Caramel Sauce – Use a very good high quality jarred caramel sauce, soften collectively 40 Kraft caramels with a can of sweetened condensed milk and 5 tablespoons of butter, or use my microwave caramel sauce recipe linked above.
- Enjoyable-sized Twix Bars – Non-obligatory, to garnish.
This spectacular dessert will get raves from everybody who takes a chunk! Dreamy cheesecake, a thick layer of silky ganache, and a beneficiant drizzle of caramel sauce are a trio of deliciousness. Listed here are some hints for making this recipe completely!
- Don’t really feel it’s essential to make this entire dessert in sooner or later. Cheesecakes style greatest after being refrigerated in a single day they usually additionally freeze splendidly.
- You can also make the cheesecake a few days or perhaps a month earlier than you intend to serve this dessert. The crust and cheesecake layer will maintain for as much as 3 months within the freezer if wrapped properly. I wish to maintain it within the pan, wrap it in plastic wrap, then foil.
- PLEASE NOTE: Danielle added a layer of caramel between the cheesecake and ganache, however I want utilizing the caramel to high every slice as I serve dessert.
- PRO-Suggestions: Cheesecakes are simple to make as soon as you understand just a few primary guidelines: Have all of your substances at room temperature, particularly the cream cheese and eggs and use the paddle attachment when mixing. Try all my suggestions for baking an ideal cheesecake!
- I really like my simple microwave caramel sauce to garnish the slices (hyperlink listed above) and Danielle makes use of packaged caramels melted with sweetened condensed milk for a easy shortcut. You probably have your individual favourite caramel sauce recipe, you possibly can positively use that, and a premium jarred model works properly, too.
- For a easy, but spectacular, garnish, place a hoop of Twix bars across the perimeter of the cheesecake. It offers your visitor a clue to the flavour of the cheesecake.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Have your eggs and cream cheese at room temperature, use the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, and bake your cheesecake in a bain marie or water bathtub.
It might have been overbaked, so make sure that to take away the cheesecake when the very middle nonetheless has a bit jiggle. The residual warmth of the pan and surrounding cheesecake will proceed baking the middle when it’s out of the oven. Additionally, make sure that to not overmix and use the paddle attachment so no extra air is overwhelmed into the batter.
Use a water bathtub or bain marie to bake the cheesecake. This can assist stabilize the baking temperature.
You Could Additionally Like:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 40 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used three 4-ounce Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars)
- Enjoyable-sized Twix bars, elective
- To make the crust, mix all substances and press right into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes. Let cool. Preserve the oven on to bake the cheesecake.
- To make cheesecake, utilizing a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat 1 package deal of the cream cheese, ⅓ cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch collectively on low till creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted.
- Mix within the remaining cream cheese, one package deal at a time, beating properly and scraping down the bowl after every.
- Enhance the mixer pace to medium and beat within the remaining sugar, then the vanilla. Combine within the eggs, separately, beating properly after every. Beat within the cream simply till utterly blended.
- The filling will look gentle, creamy, ethereal, and nearly like billowy clouds. Watch out to not over-mix.
- Gently scrape out the batter onto the crust. Wrap the perimeters of the pan in aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan in a big shallow pan containing scorching water that comes midway (about 1 inch) up the aspect of the springform pan. Bake till the highest is a really gentle golden brown and the middle barely jiggles for about 1¼ hours. Take away the cheesecake from the water bathtub, switch it to a wire rack, and let cool for two hours. Chill till chilly.
- To make the caramel, mix all in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 1-minute intervals till utterly clean and blended. Stir after every minute. Let cool a bit. You’ll solely want about half of the caramel for this cheesecake.
- To make the ganache, warmth the cream simply to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let sit for two minutes. Stir till the chocolate is melted.
- To assemble the cheesecake, pour about half the caramel into the middle the place the middle has deflated down a bit. Chill simply to agency up the caramel. (Word: I didn’t add a caramel layer, however as a substitute drizzled every slice with caramel as I served).
- Pour on the chocolate ganache and chill for a number of hours or in a single day earlier than unmolding from the pan. High with fun-sized Twix bars if desired.
- To serve, rigorously take away the springform pan sides. Reduce into slices and serve with caramel sauce.
*Making my microwave caramel sauce is a substitute for this caramel recipe, but it surely will not be as thick.
You might add a layer of caramel sauce earlier than the ganache. In case you do add a caramel layer, it can ooze out a bit whenever you slice this cheesecake. I want leaving the caramel as a topping as a substitute of a layer, however each methods can be scrumptious.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 780Whole Fats: 53gSaturated Fats: 31gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 151mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 9g