The right quantity of crisp edges with gooey facilities, that is the one recipe you want! My small batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe makes 6 cookies, however you’ll be able to simply double or triple the recipe.
The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Nicely, buddies, I’ve come full circle. My makes an attempt to get my daughter to eat oats has ended here–with these small batch oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
For those who’re new right here, I’ve a Do-it-yourself Child Meals part on my website, and only one fast look will inform you that I over-did it within the fruit and oatmeal purees class when my daughter was little. Now, as a toddler, I can not get her to the touch oatmeal.
Certain, I make these vegan protein bars with oatmeal that she eats fortunately (solely due to the chocolate chips on prime), and this blended berry baked oatmeal on Saturday mornings. Nevertheless, she eats these items precisely one time, which leaves my husband and I with the leftovers (not a nasty deal, however I actually want she would eat extra).
However, the reality is, she’d fairly have something with out oats. So, I made a decision it was time.
Time to stir oats into my small batch chocolate chip cookies recipe, and see how she likes it.
If all else fails, I can at all times make her my small batch sugar cookies as a back-up.
This recipe for small batch oatmeal chocolate chip cookies makes simply 6 cookies. They’re medium-sized cookies, and I really like how chewy they’re! I used chocolate chips, however chopped chocolate can be nice right here, because it melts extra and kinds a gooey middle.
Do not let a scarcity of chocolate cease you from making these cookies–chop up a chocolate bar and proceed!
Why You will Love this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
These cookies are chewy within the facilities and evenly crisp across the edges. They’re filled with oats and chocolate chips (and by no means raisins!), and you’ll double the recipe to make 1 dozen cookies, and even triple it. When doubling, use 2 egg yolks, not one complete egg. Equally, when tripping, use 3 egg yolks and no egg whites.
I really like the chewiness of those cookies, and I really like which you can retailer them in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days with none change in texture. As if 6 cookies makes it 3 days in my home, although!
Really, these cookies did final just a few days in my home, however solely as a result of I bake a number of issues at a time, and my kitchen counter is sort of a dessert smorgasbord most days. Wanna transfer in?
I am joyful to report that these cookies obtain a convincing ‘extra please!’ request from my toddler, and they’re fortunately wolfed up by adults, too.
They’re gentle and chewy with caramelized cookie edges, simply the best way they need to be. It is a good factor this recipe solely makes 6 cookies, as a result of I may eat greater than a half batch of those cookies!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Substances
- Butter. We want 6 tablespoons (barely lower than 1 stick) of unsalted butter that has been softened on the counter for no less than an hour. To double this recipe, use 12 tablespoons.
- Brown Sugar. This retains our cookies chewy, because of the molasses within the brown sugar. You need to use gentle to darkish brown sugar interchangeably right here.
- Sugar. A small portion of white granulated sugar.
- Egg Yolk. To make 6 cookies, we’d like 1 egg yolk. Don’t use the egg white; reserve it for an additional recipe. To double the recipe and get 1 dozen cookies, use 2 egg yolks, by no means the egg whites. To triple the recipe to make 18 cookies, use 3 egg yolks. and many others. Holding the egg whites out of our cookies retains them very dense and chewy, simply how we prefer it!
- Vanilla. I at all times advocate actual pure vanilla extract for the most effective taste.
- Flour. All-purpose flour that has been fluffed and scooped right into a measuring cup and leveled off with a knife.
- Oats. I take advantage of rolled oats on this recipe, additionally labeled Previous Customary Oats. You need to use fast oats, should you like.
- Salt. Please don’t skip the salt on this recipe, it actually balances the sweetness!
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder. To make our cookies unfold and puff up barely.
- Chocolate Chips. You need to use darkish chocolate chips, semisweet and even milk chocolate chips right here. For those who love white chocolate like me, attempt utilizing these too!
-the absolute excellent cookie scoop that can assist you to get 6 evenly-sized cookies!
-a silpat. I really like my silicone baking mat as a result of it is reusable and barely limits cookie spreading in my experiments!
Easy methods to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electrical mixer on medium pace till fluffy, about 20 seconds. Then, add the sugars, and beat for 60 seconds. The combination will flip a pale coloration and be fluffy.
Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat till simply mixed.
In a separate small bowl or plate, whisk collectively the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Sprinkle the flour and oat combination on prime of the butter combination, and beat till mixed.
Lastly, stir within the chocolate chips by hand. Scoop the dough into 6 giant dough balls, and house them evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10-11 minutes, eradicating the cookies from the oven when the perimeters simply begin to flip golden brown. Let the cookies relaxation on the baking sheet for 1 minute earlier than shifting them to a wire rack to chill.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Variations
- Oats – You need to use rolled oats or fast oats right here, each work nice. Don’t use steel-cut oats, nevertheless.
- Chocolate – Use any sort of chocolate chips you want (white, darkish, semisweet or milk), or chop up a chocolate bar.
- Double the Recipe: To double the recipe, double the entire elements precisely, together with the egg. So, two egg yolks, NOT one complete egg.
Easy methods to retailer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
The easiest way to retailer these cookies is on the counter at room temperature in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days. You may refrigerate them to increase the life to about 5-6 days. You may freeze the uncooked dough (scoop it into balls first) for 3 months. Bake them straight from frozen, including just a few additional minutes of baking time. You too can freeze already-baked cookies by laying them flat in a freezer-safe meals storage bag. They are going to maintain for as much as 3 months if tightly wrapped. To defrost, merely go away at room temperature for just a few hours.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip FAQs
In case your cookies are exhausting, you over-baked them, I’m sorry! Strive once more, however take away them from the oven a couple of minutes early. I’m wondering in case your oven has a scorching spot and is cooking one aspect of the pan sooner than the opposite. Use an oven thermometer to calibrate your oven. Additionally understand that cookies proceed to bake if left to relaxation on the cookie sheet after baking. Most recipe state to take away the cookies after a couple of minutes on the baking pan to forestall this.
To make cookies tremendous gentle, use egg yolks as a substitute of the entire egg in baking. Additionally, don’t over-bake your cookies, nor allow them to cool fully on the cookie sheet (as a result of they may proceed to prepare dinner!). You too can add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to any cookie dough to make the cookies softer.
It depends upon the recipe. This recipe for a small batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies doesn’t require any chill time. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to chill it in a single day, however let it relaxation at room temperature earlier than scooping and baking. Or, bake from chilled however add 1-2 minutes of additional baking time.
Prepare dinner Time
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup darkish brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 giant egg yolk solely
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ⅛ teaspoon advantageous salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a light-colored baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electrical mixer on medium pace till fluffy, about 20 seconds.
- Add the sugars, and beat for about 30 seconds. The combination will flip a pale coloration and be fluffy.
- Subsequent, add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat till simply mixed.
- Whisk collectively the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour on prime of the butter combination, and beat simply till mixed.
- Stir within the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 6 giant dough balls, and house them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, eradicating the cookies from the oven when the perimeters simply begin to flip golden brown.
- Let the cookies relaxation on the baking sheet for 1 minute earlier than shifting them to a wire rack to chill.
You may double this recipe to make 1 dozen cookies by doubling the elements precisely. This implies two egg yolks for a double tub, or 3 egg yolkds for a triple batch. Don’t use the egg whites! That is what retains the cookies thick and chewy.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 277Complete Fats: 16gSaturated Fats: 9gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 92mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g