This Baked Salmon recipe is juicy, flaky, and stuffed with taste from the zesty contemporary lemon and tangy Dijon marinade. This recipe sounds fancy, however it’s so fast and simple to make with only a handful of elements!
Based on my readers, this simple Oven-Baked Salmon has impressed in-laws, saved marriages, and has even left choosy eaters smiling. Watch the video tutorial beneath and discover out why everybody loves it.
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Baked Salmon Recipe
Now we have so many unimaginable baked salmon recipes on our website, from Pan-Seared Salmon to Air Fryer Salmon however that is by far the gang favourite. With greater than a thousand 5-star evaluations and my very own children’ stamp of approval (they at all times ask for seconds), this Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon recipe needed to grace the pages of my cookbook, Natasha’s Kitchen! It’s secure to say that that is the recipe to attempt in case you are new to cooking fish.
Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon Video
Watch Natasha make Baked Salmon. It would sound intimidating, however it’s so easy and flavorful, and the presentation is spectacular. The marinade retains the salmon so moist, that the fish simply flakes proper onto your fork with every chew.
Why You’ll Love This Salmon Recipe
- Fast – You’ll have a tremendous dinner in simply 20 minutes, from begin to end. You’ll be able to eat fast, wholesome meals, with out compromising on nice style.
- Simple- Merely mix the garlic dijon elements for an fragrant and tangy taste, and pop your sheet pan into the oven.
- Wholesome – Salmon is a nutrient-dense fish that gives important vitamins with comparatively few energy. It Is a superb supply of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and B12, high-quality protein, and has many different well being advantages.
The flavorful garlic, dijon, and lemon glaze is what really units this Baked Salmon recipe aside. This can be a wholesome salmon recipe however is unquestionably not missing in taste.
- Salmon – 1 1/2 lb. fillet, pin bones eliminated. See our suggestions beneath for eradicating the bones and the way to buy salmon.
- Lemon – 1/2 lemon, sliced into 4 rings
To take away the tiny pin bones out of your salmon, run your fingers throughout the floor of the fillet to really feel for bones. They’re tough to see, so feeling for them is one of the simplest ways to find them. If discovered, seize the kitchen tweezers to take away the little bones, pulling within the path that they lie.
The Finest Marinade for Baked Salmon
I’m satisfied that is the perfect marinade for seafood. It really works on shrimp, Lobster Tails, Salmon Skewers, and all types of fish (we additionally snuck it onto these Rooster Legs)! One of the best half is – there’s little or no prep time and no ready time required, simply brush it on and bake.
- Dijon Mustard – Creamy Dijon compliments the wealthy salmon flavors and provides a tangy taste
- Recent Lemon Juice – Recent squeezed, provides a citrusy taste that compliments fish so effectively
- Recent Parsley – finely chopped
- Olive Oil – Provides wealthy moisture to the marinade to assist stop the salmon from drying out whereas baking
- Salt & Pepper – Wonderful sea or kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper improve the pure taste of the salmon
The right way to Make Oven-Baked Salmon
- Put together – Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a Silpat mat. Slice salmon into 4 parts and prepare them on the baking sheet, skin-side-down.
- Make Marinade – In a small bowl, mix chopped parsley, pressed garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Baste – Divide the marinade evenly between the 4 items and brush excessive and sides of the salmon. High every bit with a slice of lemon.
- Bake – Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes or till simply cooked by way of and flaky.
As soon as the glaze is on, bake straight away, in any other case the acid within the lemon juice will begin to cook dinner the fish and make it robust. Belief me, slathering the glaze on simply earlier than baking provides this dish loads of taste.
Do you have to bake salmon coated or uncovered?
Salmon cooks rapidly at excessive temperatures. We want baking uncovered so it doesn’t steam cook dinner.
How Lengthy to Bake Salmon?
Baking the salmon at a excessive temperature rapidly roasts the outside and seals within the pure juiciness of the salmon, making it flaky, tender, and moist. This confirmed roasting technique at all times produces wonderful outcomes:
- Time: Roast at 450°F for 12 -Quarter-hour
- Inside Temperature: Based on the USDA, the salmon ought to attain 145°F on the thickest a part of the fillet on an instant-read thermometer. It additionally ought to flake simply with a fork.
Since salmon varies in dimension relying on species, control your fillets in direction of the top of baking. Thinner fillets will roast quicker whereas thicker fillets could take longer to bake.
The right way to Purchase Salmon
There are lots of forms of salmon on the market, however not all salmon are created equally. I at all times suggest shopping for the perfect that you may afford.
- Wild-caught salmon (not farmed) is most well-liked. Search for: Atlantic Salmon, Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Pink Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, or King Salmon. Frozen fillets are advantageous to make use of, simply thaw them within the fridge earlier than cooking.
- Salmon look – ought to have silver, shiny pores and skin. Wild-caught salmon is (shiny pink/pink) and farm-raised is of course greyish. If potential, keep away from farmed salmon that has shade added.
- Thickness – Select a plump fillet that doesn’t seem dry or bruised. Thick and fatty fillets similar to Alaska King Salmon are extra forgiving if overcooked.
- Scent check – Salmon shouldn’t scent fishy. It ought to scent extra like salt water than a powerful, fishy odor. I at all times scent the fish on the fish counter to make sure freshness.
- Purchase it once you want it – based mostly on USDA steering, contemporary salmon ought to be cooked inside 1-2 days of buy.
- Pores and skin-on vs. skinless Salmon – we’ve made baked salmon with the pores and skin on and skinless. Baking with the skin-on creates a pure barrier between the recent pan and seals within the pure oils and flavors.
What to serve with Baked Salmon
Baked Salmon pairs properly with practically any starch (similar to Mashed Potatoes, Quinoa, or Rice), vegetable, or contemporary salad. Listed below are a few of our favorites to make a whole lunch or dinner:
- To Refrigerate: As soon as the salmon is cooled to room temperature, refrigerate instantly in an hermetic container for as much as 3-4 days.
- Freezing: Tightly wrap particular person cooled parts in plastic wrap after which place them right into a freezer-safe container or bag. Retailer for as much as 3 months. Defrost within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
- To Reheat: Reheating salmon generally is a delicate course of so reheat “low and sluggish” to maintain your salmon moist. Hold your oven, stovetop, or air-fryer temperature low, and slowly carry it again to temperature. I don’t suggest microwaving salmon. It’s also possible to rework leftovers into Salmon Desserts or Salmon Cobb Salad.
Extra of Our Finest Salmon Recipes
The place are my salmon followers? Make sure to save all of those for later. Every of those salmon recipes is exclusive and really wonderful.
Baked Salmon with the Finest Marinade
This juicy, flaky, Baked Salmon recipe is stuffed with taste with a zesty citrus and tangy dijon mustard marinade. A straightforward, 20-minute meal for completely cooked salmon each time!
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone liner or foil. Organize salmon fillets on the ready baking sheet, skin-side-down.
In a small bowl, mix the marinade elements: parsley garlic, oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Generously unfold the marinade, brushing excessive and sides of the salmon then high every bit with a slice of lemon.*
Bake uncovered at 450°F for 12-15 min or till simply cooked by way of, flaky, and the salmon reaches an inside temperature of 145˚F on the thickest portion on an instant-read thermometer. Don’t over-cook.
*As soon as the glaze is utilized, bake straight away or the lemon juice will begin to ‘cook dinner’ the salmon, making it robust. There isn’t a want for prolonged marinating on this recipe, simply brush on the glaze and bake.
314kcal Energy3g Carbs34g Protein18g Fats