This simple Baked Butternut Squash recipe solely wants 5 substances. You don’t even should peel the squash!
Simply minimize it in half and bake it within the oven. You possibly can serve it sliced or mashed and add butter, salt, or different seasonings.
Not solely is that this facet dish wholesome and easy, it additionally freezes effectively!
- Butternut squash: Choose an entire squash with agency pores and skin. Butternut squash will last more with the stem nonetheless connected. They arrive in sizes from 2-5 kilos; this recipe makes use of a medium-sized squash, round 3 kilos.
- Seasonings: This recipe is sweetened with brown sugar and cinnamon. You too can use maple syrup or attempt a savory model with olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Methods to Bake Butternut Squash
To organize butternut squash, minimize it in half lengthwise utilizing a pointy knife. Whether it is too laborious to chop, you may microwave the squash for a couple of minutes first (this works with spaghetti squash too).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lower the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds and the stringy bits. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and spice (we love utilizing pumpkin pie spice)
- Bake till fork tender per the recipe under.
To chop butternut squash, rinse the squash and dry it off with a towel.
Use a pointy knife to slice off a small portion from the underside. This creates a steady base to slice the squash in half from high to backside.
Slice the squash lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy bits.
If the squash is simply too laborious to chop, you may microwave it for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing. As soon as minimize, the squash might be diced into 1-inch cubes or sliced into half-moons.
Halved butternut squash will take 50-60 minutes in a preheated oven. For sooner cooking, minimize the squash into 1-inch cubes and prepare dinner as directed in roasted butternut squash.
To serve butternut squash, attempt consuming it plain and seasoned as a facet dish. You too can mash it in a bowl, like mashed potatoes, and add in your favourite seasonings, cream or bitter cream, and butter. Leftovers might be saved within the fridge for 4 days in an hermetic container.
To serve butternut squash, slice and season as a facet dish. You too can mash it like mashed potatoes and add in further seasonings, a bit bitter cream, and a few butter.
Sure, the pores and skin of butternut squash is edible, though I personally want to not eat it.
Extra Squash Recipes You’ll Love
Baked Butternut Squash
This baked butternut squash recipe is certainly one of our favourite simple facet dishes. It solely has 5 substances and tastes wonderful!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Lower the butternut squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy bits.
Brush the within of the squash with the melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon (or pie spice).
Place the squash on a baking sheet, cut-side up, and bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or till tender when poked with a fork.
Sprinkle with salt. Serve by slicing or mashing with butter.
- If the squash is simply too laborious to chop, you may microwave it for a couple of minutes first.
- If the squash is bigger, you might have to bake it for a bit longer.
- For further taste and crunch, high the squash with chopped pecans or walnuts over the past quarter-hour of cooking.
- In the event you’re quick on time, microwave the squash for a couple of minutes earlier than baking to cut back the cooking time.
- Retailer leftover butternut squash in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 125 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 0.1g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.